Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
appear attended become believe Bible Bible Society blessing British called cause character Christ Christian Church conduct considered continued death desire direct Divine doctrine duty effect established excellence express faith feel France friends give given glory Gospel grace hand heart holy hope important interest Jesus king knowledge labours language late less letter light live look Lord means meeting ment mind minister Missionaries moral nature never object Observer opinion peace period persons prayer preached present principles prove Quakers question readers reason received religion religious respect schools Scriptures seems sins slave Society souls spirit sure things tion trade true truth turn whole wish writer
51. oldal - Refrain from these men, and let them alone: for if this counsel or this work be of men, it will come to nought: But if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it; lest haply ye be found even to fight against God.
483. oldal - Then I heard one saint speaking, and another saint said unto that certain saint which spake, How long shall be the vision concerning the daily sacrifice, and the transgression of desolation, to give both the sanctuary and the host to be trodden under foot? 14 And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days ; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.
344. oldal - And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart : and thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shall talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.
488. oldal - Therefore also now, saith the Lord, turn ye even to me with all your heart, and with fasting, and with weeping, and with mourning: and rend your heart, and not your garments, and turn unto the Lord your God: for he is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and repenteth him of the evil.
540. oldal - Lord, to number my days, that I may apply my heart unto wisdom ; ever to remember my last end, that I may not dare to sin against thee.
421. oldal - YE that do truly and earnestly repent you of your sins, and are in love and charity with your neighbours, and intend to lead a new life, following the commandments of God, and walking from henceforth in his holy ways, draw near with faith, and take this Holy Sacrament to your comfort; and make your humble confession to Almighty God, meekly kneeling upon your knees.
251. oldal - The generall end therefore of all the booke is to fashion a gentleman or noble person in vertuous and gentle discipline...
344. oldal - ... teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up. And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they shall be as frontlets between thine eyes. And thou shalt write them upon the posts of thy house, and on thy gates.
73. oldal - Have mercy upon you; pardon and deliver you from all your sins; confirm and strengthen you in all goodness; and bring you to everlasting life; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen. § Then shall the Priest say, Hear what comfortable words our Saviour Christ saith unto all that truly turn to him.
254. oldal - ... teaching over the whole book of sanctity and virtue, through all the instances of example, with such delight to those especially of soft and delicious temper, who will not so much as look upon truth herself unless they see her elegantly dressed; that whereas the paths of honesty and good life appear now rugged and difficult, though they be indeed easy and pleasant, they will then appear to all men both easy and pleasant, though they were rugged and difficult indeed.