Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
amended amount appear applicant appointment authorities Blue Hills Board Boston boundary broken Brook called cent certificate chapter character civil service clerical commission commissioners Commonwealth condition construction contract cost County covered determined direction discharge duties early east eligible employed Engineer examination expenses feet Fells field fire five force forest furnished Give given grade gravel ground growth height highway hundred inches kind labor land less marked Massachusetts material mile necessary North Park passed person pines plants points police Pond position practicable present Print promotion questions reason received record registered reservation River road rocks rules Scale Schedule Secretary served showing standing statement stone Street Subject surface survey taken tion town Tracing trees valley veterans whole woods Write
36. oldal - Such examinations shall be practical in their character, and so far as may be shall relate to those matters which will fairly test the relative capacity and fitness of the persons examined to discharge the duties of the service into which they seek to be appointed.
95. oldal - That no recommendation of any person who shall apply for office or place under the provisions of this act which may be given by any Senator or member of the House of Representatives, except as to the character or residence of the applicant, shall be received or considered by any person concerned in making any examination or appointment under this act.
143. oldal - To the Honorable Senate and House of Representatives of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts in General Court assembled. The undersigned...
34. oldal - No officer or employee of the United States mentioned in this act shall discharge, or promote, or degrade, or in [any] manner change the official rank or compensation of any other officer or employee, or promise or threaten so to do, for giving or withholding or neglecting to make any contribution of money or other valuable thing for any political purpose.
50. oldal - Every false statement knowingly made by any person in his application for examination, and every connivance by him at any false statement made in any certificate which may accompany his application, shall be regarded as good cause for the removal or discharge of such person during his probation.
69. oldal - Each such special commission shall consist of not less than three nor more than five members, who shall be appointed by the Governor.
33. oldal - That no person habitually using intoxicating beverages to excess shall be appointed to, or retained in, any office, appointment, or employment to which the provisions of this act are applicable.
53. oldal - Loan, shall be countersigned by the governor, and shall be deemed a pledge of the faith and credit of the commonwealth...
34. oldal - That no officer, clerk, or other person in the service of the United States shall, directly or indirectly, give or hand over to any other officer, clerk, or person in the service of the United States, or to any Senator or Member of the House of Representatives, or Territorial Delegate, any money or other valuable thing on account of or to be applied to the promotion of any political object whatever.