A Military Dictionary: Or, Explaination of the Several Systems of Discipline of Different Kinds of Troops, Infantry, Artillery, and Cavalry; the Principles of Fortification, and All the Modern Improvements in the Science of Tactics: Comprising the Pocket Gunner, Or Little Bombardier; the Military Regulations of the United States; the Weights, Measures, and Monies of All Nations; the Technical Terms and Phrases of the Art of War in the French Language. Particularly Adapted to the Use of the Military Institutions of the United States
William Duane, no. 98, Market street, 1810 - 748 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
according ancient angle arms army artillery attack bastion battalion battle belonging body British called camp carriages carried cavalry centre charge close column command consists corps cover defence direction distance ditch division duty enemy English equal face feet field fire fixed flank foot force fortification four France French front give given ground guard guns half hand head horses inches infantry iron kind length light likewise manner means measure ment military motion move movement nature necessary object observed officer particular pass person piece position powder prevent quarter raised rank rear receive regiment sense serve shot side signifies soldiers sometimes sort square taken term tion town troops weight wheel whole
329. oldal - States, and if any doubt should arise, not explained by said articles, then according to your conscience, the best of your understanding, and the custom of war in like cases...
332. oldal - All crimes not capital, and all disorders and neglects, which officers and soldiers may be guilty of, to the prejudice of good order and military discipline, though not mentioned in the foregoing articles of war, are to be taken cognizance of by a general, or a regimental, garrison, or field officers' court-martial, according to the nature and degree of the offense, and punished at the discretion of such court.
329. oldal - ... in time of peace or war, respect a general officer, be carried into execution, until after the whole proceedings shall have been transmitted to the Secretary of War, to be laid before the President of the United States for his confirmation or disapproval, and orders in the case.
324. oldal - I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the United States of America, and that I will serve them honestly and faithfully against all their enemies whomsoever, and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States, and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to the rules and Articles of War.
330. oldal - No officer or soldier who shall be put in arrest shall continue in confinement more than eight days, or until such time as a court-martial can be assembled.
324. oldal - Any officer or soldier who, being present at any mutiny or sedition, does not use...
326. oldal - ... to deliver over such accused person or persons to the civil magistrate, and likewise to be aiding and assisting to the officers of justice in apprehending and securing the person or persons so accused, in order to bring him or them to trial.
329. oldal - В., do swear that you will well and truly try and determine, according to evidence, the matter now before you, between the United States of America and the prisoner to be tried, and that you will duly administer justice...
326. oldal - No officer or soldier shall use any reproachful or provoking speeches or gestures to another, upon pain, if an officer, of being put in arrest ; if a soldier, confined, and of asking pardon of the party offended, in the presence of his commanding officer.