Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
afterwards already Apostles appears Arian asserted attended attributed authority became believe Bishop body called Catholic cause celebrated century character Christ Christian Church circumstances civil claims clergy confined consider Constantine continued controversy converts Council death directed doctrine early ecclesiastical effect Emperor empire error established exertions existence extended fact faith Fathers Fleury former France Gregory hand held heresy heretics holy human immediately important influence Italy King latter learning least less means mentioned moral nature necessary never object observe occasion opinions original Pagan parties perhaps period persecution persons Pope possessed practice prelates present Prince principles probably proceeded professed progress provinces question reason received reign religion religious respecting Roman Rome rule sect seems spirit success suffered tion true truth whole worship writers
252. oldal - And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, and cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled : and after that he must be loosed a little season.
290. oldal - I say unto you, inasmuch as ye have done it unto the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
499. oldal - And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people, saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.
252. oldal - AND HE LAID HOLD ON THE DRAGON, THAT OLD SERPENT, WHICH IS THE DEVIL AND SATAN AND BOUND HIM A THOUSAND YEARS. AND CAST HIM INTO THE BOTTOMLESS PIT AND SHUT HIM UP AND SET A SEAL UPON HIM, THAT HE SHOULD DECEIVE THE NATIONS NO MORE, TILL THE THOUSAND YEARS SHOULD BE FULFILLED: AND AFTER THAT HE MUST BE LOOSED A LITTLE SEASON.
559. oldal - And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as a heathen man and a publican.
23. oldal - From these facts, it is evident, that, first, about the end of the second, and the beginning of the third century...
429. oldal - The second position is, that in the power of this Chief are two swords, the one spiritual, and the other material ; but that the former of these is to be used by the Church, the latter for the. Church ; the former is in the hand of the priest, the latter in the hand of kings and soldiers, but at the nod and sufferance of the priest.
155. oldal - Whether the divine law did not permit a valiant and warlike people to dethrone a pusillanimous and indolent monarch, who was incapable of discharging any of the functions of royalty, and to substitute in his place one more worthy to rule, and who had already rendered most important services to the state?