Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
actions angels become begin believe blessed body bring called cause charity Christ Christian church commandments concerning condition consider cure curse danger death desires devil discourse drink duty dwell easy effect enemy enter eternal evil excellent eyes faith fall fathers fear fire flesh folly give glory God's grace greater greatest hands hath heart heaven holy honour hope instances interest judge judgment less live Lord lust man's means measures mind nature necessity never observed pardon pass passion persons pleasure poor portion pray prayer present prevail promise proper punishment reason religion repentance secure sense servants serve severe shame sickness sins sometimes sorrow soul speak spirit suffer tell temptation things thou tion trouble turn understanding virtue weak whole wise zeal
99. oldal - See that ye refuse not him that speaketh : for if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven...
422. oldal - Lord, according as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue : whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises : that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
13. oldal - As I live,' saith the Lord, 'every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.
450. oldal - Remember not, Lord, our offences, nor the offences of our forefathers ; neither take thou vengeance of our sins : spare us, good Lord, spare thy people, whom thou hast redeemed with thy most precious blood, and be not angry with us for ever.
v. oldal - Give glory to the Lord your God, before he cause darkness, and before your feet stumble upon the dark mountains, and, while ye look for light, he turn it into the shadow of death, and make it gross darkness.
527. oldal - For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God : and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God ? 18 And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?
v. oldal - I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me ; and shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
70. oldal - For so have I seen a lark rising from his bed of grass, and soaring upwards, singing as he rises, and hopes to get to heaven and climb above the clouds ; but the poor bird was beaten back with the loud sighings of an eastern wind, and his motion made irregular and inconstant, descending more at every breath of the tempest, than it could recover by the libration and frequent weighing of his wings, till the little creature was forced to sit down and pant and stay till the storm was over ; and then...
588. oldal - But forasmuch as he had not to pay, his lord commanded him to be sold, and his wife and children, and all that he had, and payment to be made.