Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
apostle Association attended Bailey Baptist Baptist Missionary Society baptized Barlestone believe Berhampore Bible blessed brethren brother Buckley chapel Chilwell Christian church Committee Conference congregation conscience Cuttack Darwin deacon death denomination Derby desire divine earnest earth eternal faith father feel friends give God's gospel hand heart heaven held Holy Home Mission honour hope Hugglescote human immortality interest JOHN CLIFFORD labour Leicester live London Long Eaton Lord Jesus meeting mind minister Missionary moral nations native nature never Nottingham Orissa Oriya pastor Pooree Praed Street pray prayer preached preacher present presided question received religion religious Rome Sabbath Saviour Scripture Secretary sermon Society soul spirit Street Sunday school Swadlincote teaching things thou thought tion truth Walsall Westbourne Park Whitefield words worship young
223. oldal - For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease. Though the root thereof wax old in the earth, and the stock thereof die in the ground; yet through the scent of water it will bud, and bring forth boughs like a plant.
159. oldal - And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.
220. oldal - To be a brother to the insensible rock And to the sluggish clod, which the rude swain Turns with his share, and treads upon. The oak Shall send his roots abroad, and pierce thy mould. Yet not to thine eternal resting-place Shalt thou retire alone, nor couldst thou wish Couch more magnificent. Thou shalt lie down With patriarchs of the infant world — with kings, The powerful of the earth — the wise, the good, Fair forms, and hoary seers of ages past, All in one mighty sepulchre.
411. oldal - The stars shall fade away, the sun himself Grow dim with age, and Nature sink in years, But thou shalt flourish in immortal youth, Unhurt amidst the war of elements, The wreck of matter, and the crush of worlds.
410. oldal - Why shrinks the soul Back on herself, and startles at destruction ? 'Tis the divinity that stirs within us; 'Tis Heaven itself that points out an hereafter, And intimates eternity to man.
86. oldal - And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized ? 37 [And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.] 38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still : and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch ; and he baptized him.
250. oldal - And he, shall he Man, her last work, who seem'd so fair, Such splendid purpose in his eyes, Who roll'd the psalm to wintry skies, Who built him fanes of fruitless prayer, Who trusted God was love indeed And love Creation's final law Tho...
255. oldal - Prayer is the Christian's vital breath, The Christian's native air ; His watchword at the gates of death ; He enters heaven with prayer. 5 Prayer is the contrite sinner's voice, Returning from his ways ; While angels in their songs rejoice, And cry—
203. oldal - And He said, So is the kingdom of God, as if a man should cast seed into the ground; and should sleep, and rise night and day, and the seed should spring and grow up, he knoweth not how.