Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
amusing appeared asked attended became Board brother Brussels called chapter character Charles cloth College continued critic death Demy 8vo described doctor DRAWING Dublin Edition English expressed Father feeling Galway German give hand head heard heart HISTORY hospital hour Illustrations inches incident Ireland Irish ITALY Jack James John Kilkee knew known ladies Large crown 8vo late later laugh less letter Lever literary lived look Lord Lorrequer Magazine McGlashan mind mounted never night O'Malley observes officer once passed person Phiz physician pleasant Post practice present publisher received recollections remark remember scenes seemed side sketches society spirits story Street success tells thing thought tion told took vols wished writes written wrote young
12. oldal - Arranged to meet the requirements of the Syllabus of the Science and Art Department of the Committee of Council on Education, South Kensington.
21. oldal - This Edition is printed on a finer paper and in a larger type than has been employed in any previous edition. The type has been cast especially for it, and the page is of a size to admit of the introduction of all the original illustrations. No such attractive issue has been made of the writings of Mr. Dickens, which, various as have been the forms of publication adapted to the demands of an e- er widely-increasing popularity, have never yet been worthily presented in a .really handsome library form.
181. oldal - Better to hunt in fields for health unbought Than fee the doctor for a nauseous draught. The wise for cure on exercise depend : God never made His work for man to mend.
7. oldal - ENGEL (CARL)— A DESCRIPTIVE AND ILLUSTRATED CATALOGUE OF THE MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS in the SOUTH KENSINGTON MUSEUM, preceded by an Essay on the History of Musical Instruments. Second Edition. Royal 8vo, half-morocco, i2s.
16. oldal - Large crown 8vo, 7s. 6d. FOOD : A Short Account of the Sources, Constituents, and Uses of Food ; intended chiefly as a Guide to the Food Collection in the Bethnal Green Museum. By AH CHURCH, MA, Oxon. Large crown 8vo, 3s. SCIENCE CONFERENCES. Delivered at the South Kensington Museum. Crown 8vo, 2 vols., 6s. each. VOL. I. — Physics and Mechanics. VOL.
7. oldal - Edition, enlarged. 8vo, sewed, 2s. RABIES AND HYDROPHOBIA: THEIR HISTORY, NATURE, CAUSES, SYMPTOMS, AND PREVENTION. With 8 Illustrations. 8vo, cloth, i5s. A MANUAL OF VETERINARY SANITARY SCIENCE AND POLICE. With 33 Illustrations. 2 vols. Demy 8vo, 36s. FORSTER (JOHN)— THE LIFE OF CHARLES DICKENS. Uniform with the "CD
10. oldal - Sierras," &c. Fcap. Svo, 6s. MOLESWORTH (W. NASSAU)— HISTORY OF "ENGLAND FROM THE YEAR i830 TO THE RESIGNATION OF THE GLADSTONE MINISTRY. A Cheap Edition, carefully revised, and carried up to March, i874.
28. oldal - ANALYSIS OF ORNAMENT: THE CHARACTERISTICS OF STYLES. An Introduction to the Study of the History of Ornamental Art. With many Illustrations.
271. oldal - I'm sick of parading, Through wet and cewld wading, . Or standing all night to be shot in a trench. To the tune of a fife They dispose of your life, You surrender your soul to some illigant lilt ; Now I like Garryowen, When I hear it at home, But it's not half so sweet when you're going to be kilt.