Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Aaron according altar animal appear atonement blood Book burnt burnt-offering called ceremony character chief Comm commanded common comp connection considered death deity Deut distinct Divine entirely especially evidently Exod expiatory Ezek fire flesh former gods hand Hebrews hence High-priest holocausts holy human important instance Isai Israelites Judg killed king later laws less Levites Lord meaning mind Mishn Moses nature notions observes offering origin Pentateuch performed period person Philo portion presented priests probably prove reason reference regarded relation religious remarks sacred sacrificed sacrifices Sanctuary Sect sense simply sin-offering sins sons spirit supposed Temple term thank-offerings tion tribes vers victim VIII whole worship XVII XVIII XXII XXIII XXIX
420. oldal - Hitherto shalt thou come, but no further: and here shall thy proud waves be stayed?
81. oldal - I will not reprove thee for thy sacrifices or thy burnt offerings, to have been continually before me. I will take no bullock out of thy house, nor hegoats out of thy folds. For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills.
463. oldal - Thus saith the Lord, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, Neither let the mighty man glory in his might, Let not the rich man glory in his riches : But let him that glorieth glory in this, That he understandeth and knoweth me, That I am the Lord which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth : For in these things I delight, saith the Lord.
59. oldal - Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith; these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
237. oldal - And it was so, when the days of their feasting were gone about, that Job sent and sanctified them, and rose up early in the morning, and offered burnt-offerings according to the number of them all: for Job said, It may be that my sons have sinned, and cursed God in their hearts.
214. oldal - Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils : ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils.
iii. oldal - Historical and Critical Commentary on the Old Testament; with a New Translation.
671. oldal - Moses took the blood, and put it upon the horns of the altar round about with his finger, and purified the altar, and poured the blood at the bottom of the altar, and sanctified it, to make reconciliation upon it.
302. oldal - Nevertheless, death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.