Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according animals appear Aristotle ascribed attention bear believe better body called cause character christian common concerning conduct consequence considered death depend divine doctrine doubt earth equally especially evidence evil excellent existence express fates favour friends future give given gods greatest Greece Greeks happiness heathen honour human ideas Iliad important instructions intelligence Jesus judge Jupiter justice kind knowledge laws least less light live mankind manner Marcus Antoninus means mentioned mind moral motion nature never object observed occasion opinion parents particular person philosophers Plato pleasure practice present principle probably produced proper providence punishment reason received relating religion respect rites says sect seems seen sense sentiments Socrates soul Stoics sufficient superior supposed thing thought tion true universal vice virtue whole wisdom worship writings
183. oldal - Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.
78. oldal - Marvel not at this ; for the hour is coming, in which all that are in their graves shall hear his voice, and shall come forth-; they that have done good to the resurrection of life ; and they that have done evil to the resurrection of damnation,"
70. oldal - Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God ? Be not deceived : neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
182. oldal - I love the Lord, because he hath heard my voice and my supplications. Because he hath inclined his ear unto me, therefore will I call upon him as long as I live.
94. oldal - When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all his holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: and before him shall be gathered all nations; and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats.
103. oldal - Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds; and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him: where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.
78. oldal - Wonder not at this; for the hour cometh, wherein all that are in the graves shall hear the voice of the Son of God. 29 And they that have done good things, shall come forth unto the resurrection of life; but they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of judgment.
183. oldal - LORD, thou hast searched me, and known me. Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off. Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways. For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O Lord, thou knowest it altogether.
96. oldal - And he taught, saying unto them, Is it not written, My house shall be called of all nations the house of prayer? but ye have made it a den of thieves.