Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
advantage antient appear appointed arise attend become better blessing breaking bring Christ christian christian Sabbath church commandment common concerned conduct consequence considerable considered decalogue devotion divine duty employed engaged evil example feel friends give gospel hallowed hands head hear heart heaven holy honour hour improve institution judgment keep kind labour land live look Lord Lord's day magistrates manner means mind moral morning nature necessary neglect never observed obtain particular person piety pious pleasure poor practice prayer preparation present principles profaned prosperity reason regard religion religious respectable rest Sabbath day Sabbath-breaking sacred sanctify Saviour servants seven seventh day society souls spend spirit Sunday suppose thing thou thousand to-day town travelling truth unto usual violation week worship young
13. oldal - And he said unto them, This is that which the Lord hath said, To-morrow is the rest of the holy Sabbath unto the Lord. Bake that which ye will bake to-day, and seethe that ye will seethe; and that which remaineth over, lay up for you, to be kept until the morning.
175. oldal - The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things ; that they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.
50. oldal - ... no tradesman, artificer, workman, labourer, or other person whatsoever shall do or exercise any worldly labour, business or work of their ordinary callings, upon the Lord's Day, or any part thereof (works of necessity and charity only excepted...
82. oldal - But if all prophesy, and there come in one that believeth not, or one unlearned, he is convinced of all, he is judged of all : and thus are the secrets of his heart made manifest ; and so falling down on his face he will worship God, and report that God is in you of a truth.
177. oldal - For thus saith the Lord unto the eunuchs that keep my sabbaths, and choose the things that please me, and take hold of my covenant; 5 even unto them will I give in mine house and within my walls a place and a name better than of sons and of daughters: I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off.
13. oldal - Eat that to-day ; for to-day is a sabbath unto the LORD : ' to-day ye shall not find it in the field. Sis days ye ' shall gather it ; but on the seventh day, which is the ' sabbath, in it there shall be none.
174. oldal - If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, From doing thy pleasure on my holy day ; And call the sabbath a delight, The holy of the Lord, honourable; And shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, Nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words: Then shalt thou delight thyself in the Lord...
10. oldal - And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.
175. oldal - Exhort servants to be obedient unto their own masters, and to please them well in all things; not answering again; not purloining, but showing all good fidelity; that they may adorn the doctrine of God our Saviour in all things.
39. oldal - Then they that feared the Lord spake often one to another ; and the Lord hearkened, and heard it : and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the Lord, and that thought upon his name. And they shall be mine, saith the Lord of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels ; and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him.