Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according actions appearance authority become believe blessed called cause character Christ Christian Church circumstances command common conduct conscience consequences consider course cursing David death Deity direct doctrine duty effects employed endeavour evidence evil existence express fact faith father favour fear feel followers future give given greater guilt hand happiness hear heart heaven holy hope human importance interests Jews judge judgment justice kind king knowledge language laws learned less look Lord means mind miracles moral nature object observe once opinion ourselves persons practice prayer present preserve principles proofs prophet punishment reason religion religious respect reward sacred sense sins sometimes spirit stand subjects supposed surely things thou tion truth understand unto verse virtue whole wisdom wish writer
216. oldal - I speak not of you all: I know whom I have chosen : but that the scripture may be fulfilled, He that eateth bread with me hath lifted up his heel against me. 19 Now I tell you before it come, that, when it is come to pass, ye may believe that I am he.
563. oldal - BY THE rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof. For there they that carried us away captive required of us a song; and they that wasted us required of us mirth, saying, Sing us one of the songs of Zion.
141. oldal - God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it ? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good? Behold, I have received commandment to bless : and he hath blessed; and I cannot reverse it. He hath not beheld iniquity in Jacob, neither hath he seen perverseness in Israel: the Lord his God is with him, and the shout of a king is among them.
569. oldal - For he shall stand at the right hand of the poor, to save him from those that condemn his soul.
147. oldal - How shall I curse, whom God hath not cursed ? or how shall I defy, whom the LORD hath not defied ? for from the top of the rocks I see him, and from the hills I behold him: lo, the people shall dwell alone, and shall not be reckoned among the nations. Who can count the dust of Jacob, and the number of the fourth part of Israel ? let me die the death of the righteous, and let my last end be like his...
576. oldal - And the king was much moved, and went up to the chamber over the gate, and wept : and as he went, thus he said, O my son Absalom, my son, my son...
112. oldal - God ; yet ought we most chiefly so to do, when we assemble and meet together to render thanks for the great benefits that we have received at his hands, to set forth his most worthy praise, to hear his most holy word, and to ask those things which are requisite and necessary, as well for the body as the soul.
423. oldal - And he took Agag the king of the Amalekites alive, and utterly destroyed all the people with the edge of the sword. But Saul and the people spared Agag, and the best of the sheep, and of the oxen, and of the fatlings, and the lambs, and all that was good, and would not utterly destroy them: but every thing that was vile and refuse, that they destroyed utterly.
294. oldal - Strengthen them, we beseech Thee, O Lord, with the Holy Ghost the Comforter, and daily increase in them Thy manifold gifts of grace ; the spirit of wisdom and understanding; the spirit of counsel and ghostly strength ; the spirit of knowledge and true godliness ; and fill them, 0 Lord, with the spirit of Thy holy fear, now and for ever. Amen.