Sermons on various subjects, ed. by E. Paley
C. and J. Rivington; J. Nunn; Longman, Hurst Rees, Orme & Company; T. Cadell; J. Richardson; Baldwin, Cradock, and Joy; G.B. Whittaker; R. Saunders; J. Collingwood, 1825
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according amongst apostles appear apply attention authority believe better bring called cause character Christ Christian circumstances coming command concerning condition conduct consequence consider consideration course death delivered doubt duty effect epistle evil example expect expression fact faith give habits hand happiness hath heart heaven honour hope human importance instance Jesus Jews kind least less live look Lord mean mind moral nature necessary never observe occasion opinion ourselves parents particular pass Paul perhaps person present principle produce question reason received reflection regard relation religion religious repentance respect rule Saint salvation Scripture sense sins situation speak suffer suppose thing thoughts tion true truth turn unto vice virtue whole
309. oldal - Christ ; not with eyeservice, as men-pleasers ; but as the servants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart; with good will doing service, as to the Lord, and not to men: knowing that whatsoever good thing any man doeth, the same shall he receive of the Lord, whether he be bond or free.
149. oldal - Therefore is the kingdom of heaven likened unto a certain king, which would take account of his servants. And when he had begun to reckon, one was brought unto him which owed him ten thousand talents. But forasmuch as he had not to pay, his lord commanded him to be sold, and his wife, and children, and all that he had, and payment to be made.
340. oldal - And when they had appointed him a day, there came many to him into his lodging : to whom he expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning till evening.
256. oldal - Who is the Lord?" or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the name of my God in vain.
84. oldal - For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
172. oldal - Lord thine oaths; but I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven, for it is God's throne; nor by the earth, for it is his footstool; neither by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great King. Neither shalt thou swear by thy head, because thou canst not make one hair white or black. But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay; for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.
201. oldal - Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you ? If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy ; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.
61. oldal - Then shall He answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to Me. And these shall go away into everlasting punishment : but the righteous into life eternal.
167. oldal - And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him. Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.