Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Akkadian appears arbitration army artist beauty Boers boundary Britain British Cape Colony Cappadocia cavalry CCCXCI century Chantre character civilisation coast colony criticism CXCI Dee's doubt Dutch Empire employers England English fact feeling force friends frontier Government Greek hand Hittite House ideal influence interest islands Italy James Russell Lowell John John Dee Kassite Kelly King labour less letters London Lord Lord Lytton Lowell Lynn Canal matter ment military Millais Milman mind Mongol nation native nature never Orange Free organisation Paolo Parliament party period political possession pre-raphaelite Prince question Radicals recognised reform regard religion religious Rome Rossetti Rupert Russian seems South Africa spirit stars Syria territory things tion trade trade unions Transvaal treaty Trevelyan troops United Venezuela villein Whiteing Whiteing's whole words writes
178. oldal - An' on which one he felt the wust He couldn't ha' told ye nuther. Says he, "I'd better call agin," Says she, "Think likely, Mister;" Thet last word pricked him like a pin, An' — wal, he up an
511. oldal - BROTHER, thou art gone before us, and thy saintly soul is flown Where tears are wiped from every eye, and sorrow is unknown ; From the burden of the flesh, and from care and fear released, Where the wicked cease from troubling, and the weary are at rest.
178. oldal - An' leetle flames danced all about The chiny on the dresser. Agin the chimbley crook-necks hung, An' in amongst 'em rusted The ole queen's-arm thet gran'ther Young Fetched back f'om Concord busted. The very room, coz she was in, Seemed warm f'om floor to ceilin', An' she looked full ez rosy agin Ez the apples she was peelin'.
287. oldal - Greenwich,) the said line shall ascend to the north along the channel called Portland channel, as far as the point of the continent where it strikes the 56th degree of north latitude; from this last-mentioned point, the line of demarcation shall follow the summit of the mountains situated parallel to the coast as far as the point of intersection of the 141st degree of west longitude...
178. oldal - An' peeked in thru' the winder, An' there sot Huldy all alone, 'ith no one nigh to hender. A fireplace filled the room's one side With half a cord o' wood in — There warn't no stoves (tell comfort died) To bake ye to a puddin'. The wa'nut logs shot sparkles out Towards the pootiest, bless her, An' leetle flames danced all about The chiny on the dresser.
128. oldal - Adverse holding or prescription during a period of fifty years shall make a good title. The arbitrators may deem exclusive political control of a district, as well as actual settlement thereof, sufficient to constitute adverse holding or to make title by prescription.
167. oldal - Tippin' with fire the bolt of men Thet rived the Rebel line asunder ? " 'Tain't right to hev the young go fust, All throbbin...
296. oldal - It is understood that the subjects of His Britannic Majesty, from whatever quarter they may arrive, whether from the ocean, or from the interior of the continent, shall forever enjoy the right of navigating freely, and without any hindrance whatever, all the rivers and streams which, in their course towards the Pacific Ocean, may cross the line of demarcation upon the line of coast described in Article III of the present Convention.