Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
action appear appointed argument attention authority became become bench better Brown called cause character charge Chief Justice client common constitution counsel course death defendant directed distinguished doubt duty early effect England entered entire equal evidence fact father give Governor hand heart honor hour human interest John Judge judgment judicial jury known lawyer learning less Levy living look Lord matter means ment mind nature never object observed occasion once opinion party passed Pennsylvania perhaps person Philadelphia practice present principles profession professional question reason received record referred regard remarkable respect seemed Senate speak speech stand supposed Supreme Court thing thought tion trial true turned United whole witness
163. oldal - What's Hecuba to him or he to Hecuba That he should weep for her? What would he do Had he the motive and the cue for passion That I have? He would drown the stage with tears, And cleave the general ear with horrid speech, Make mad the guilty and appal the free, Confound the ignorant, and amaze indeed The very faculties of eyes and ears.
181. oldal - And he answered, and said unto them, My mother and my brethren are these, which hear the word of God, and do it.
497. oldal - All murder, which shall be perpetrated by means of poison, or by lying in wait, or by any other kind of wilful, deliberate, and premeditated killing, or which shall be committed in the perpetration, or attempt to perpetrate, any arson, rape, robbery, or burglary, shall be deemed murder of the first degree; and all other kinds of murder shall be deemed murder of the second degree.
176. oldal - Warren Hastings has not left substance enough in India to nourish such another delinquent. My lords, is it a prosecutor you want? You have before you the Commons of Great Britain as prosecutors; and, I believe, my lords, that the sun, in his...
304. oldal - ... and if, in the Legislature so next chosen as aforesaid, such proposed amendment or amendments shall be agreed to by a majority of all the members elected to each House, then it shall be the duty of the Legislature to submit such proposed amend-ment or amendments to the people in such manner and at such time as the Legislature shall prescribe...
182. oldal - Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye. Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.
566. oldal - The primogenitive and due of birth, Prerogative of age, crowns, sceptres, laurels, But by degree, stand in authentic place ? Take but degree away, untune that string, And hark, what discord follows...
183. oldal - When thou cuttest down thine harvest in thy field, and hast forgot a sheaf in the field, thou shalt not go again to fetch it : it shall be for the stranger, for the fatherless, and for the widow : that the Lord thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hands.
373. oldal - Probable cause" has been defined as a reasonable ground of suspicion supported by circumstances sufficiently strong in themselves to warrant a cautious man in the belief that the person accused is guilty of the offense with which he is charged.