Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
19th Cong 1st Sess according Act of Congress adopted amendment American authority bill character citizens civil claimants claims clause colored persons commerce Commissioner Committee Common Law consider consideration Constitution Convention of 1800 Court Dahlonega debate declared dollars doubt duty Emancipation enlisted equal exclusion existing favor February Foreign France Franklin freedmen Freedom French Fugitive Slave Act Government Granville Sharp guaranty honor House human Ibid indemnities interpretation joint resolution judgment justice lands legislation Liberty Madame Helvétius Massachusetts ment military minister mulatto nature Nays negro oath object obligations original Paris plenipotentiaries present President proposed proposition question reason Rebellion Republic Reverdy Johnson rule sanction Secretary Senate Documents Slavery South Carolina speech spoliations Statutes at Large Sumner testimony tion Treasury treaties trial by jury Turgot United verse vessels vote white person whole witness words Yeas
177. oldal - that the laws of the several States, except where the Constitution, treaties, or statutes of the United States shall otherwise require or provide, shall be regarded as rules of decision in trials at common law in the courts of the United States, in cases where they apply.
378. oldal - Whereto thus Adam fatherly displeased. "O execrable son so to aspire Above his brethren, to himself assuming Authority usurped, from God not given; He gave us only over beast, fish, fowl Dominion absolute; that right we hold By his donation; but man over men He made not lord; such title to himself Reserving, human left from human free.
53. oldal - I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same ; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion ; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter, so help me God...
165. oldal - Thou shalt not deliver unto his master the servant which is escaped from his master unto thee: he shall dwell with thee, even among you, in that place which he shall choose in one of thy gates, where it liketh him best : thou shalt not oppress him.
473. oldal - TAXES upon every article which enters into the mouth, or covers the back, or is placed under the foot — taxes upon every thing which it is pleasant to see, hear, feel, smell, or taste — taxes upon warmth, light, and locomotion — taxes on every thing on earth and the waters under the earth...
417. oldal - That the provisions of an act entitled "an act respecting fugitives from justice, and persons escaping from the service of their masters...
293. oldal - There shall be a firm, inviolable and universal peace, and a true and sincere friendship between His Britannic Majesty, his heirs and successors, and the United States of America; and between their respective countries, territories, cities, towns and people of every degree, without exception of persons or places.
419. oldal - An act to provide a national currency secured by a pledge of United States bonds, and to provide for the circulation and redemption thereof...
42. oldal - An act for enrolling and calling out the national forces, and for other purposes...
189. oldal - No free negro, free mulatto, or free person of mixed blood, descended from negro ancestors, to the fourth generation inclusive, (though one ancestor of each generation may have been a white person.) shall vote for members of the senate or house of commons.