Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
4th July AFRICAN REPOSITORY Agent American Colonization Society annual appear Arabic arrival Ashmun Auxiliary Society benevolent Bethelsdorp blessings Boors Bushmen caboceer Cape Cape Town cattle cause character Christian Church civilization Clapperton Collection by Rev colonists Colony congregation contributions death Donation Dutch duty efforts emancipation emigrants evil exertions favour feel Fellatahs friends Gerrit Smith Governor Griqua happy honour hope Hottentots human hundred individuals influence inhabitants Inna Institution interest Jannah John Kentucky Kobara kraal labours land landdrost Legislature liberal Liberia live London Missionary Society Lynchburg master means meeting mind mission Missionary Society Monrovia moral nation natives negro never object opinion persons of colour Philip Presbyterian present Quorra received religion removal resolution Resolved respect river settlement Sierra Leone slave-trade slavery slaves Smith soon South South Africa spirit thing tion town trade tribes United Vanderkemp vessel Virginia
136. oldal - And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the Scriptures?
62. oldal - The wilderness and the solitary place shall be glad for them; and the desert shall rejoice, and blossom as the rose. It shall blossom abundantly, and rejoice even with joy and singing: the glory of Lebanon shall be given unto it, the excellency of Carmel and Shar'on, they shall see the glory of the LORD, and the excellency of our God.
269. oldal - Against revolted multitudes the cause Of truth, in word mightier than they in arms, And for the testimony of truth hast borne Universal reproach, far worse to bear Than violence ; for this was all thy care — To stand approved in sight of God, though worlds Judged thee perverse.
285. oldal - We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed ; we are perplexed, but not in despair; Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed...
343. oldal - The whole commerce between master and slave is a perpetual exercise of the most boisterous passions, the most unremitting despotism on the one part, and degrading submissions on the other.
343. oldal - The parent storms, the child looks on, catches the lineaments of wrath, puts on the same airs in the circle of smaller slaves, gives a loose to the worst of passions, and thus nursed, educated, and daily exercised in tyranny, cannot but be stamped by it with odious peculiarities. The man must be a prodigy who can retain his manners and morals undepraved by such circumstances.
305. oldal - That our Senators in Congress be instructed, and our Representatives be requested, to use their best exertions to procure the passage of a law...
328. oldal - And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are of the gift of God?
345. oldal - And when thou sendest him out free from thee, thou shalt not let him go away empty: thou shalt furnish him liberally out of thy flock, and out of thy floor, and out of thy wine-press: of that wherewith the Lord thy God hath blessed thee, thou shalt give unto him.