Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Anabaptists appears Arminian atonement attention believe Bishop body bones Book of Job called Calvinistic cause Chapel character Christian Church Church of England common congregation death declared discourse Dissenters divine doctrine expressed faith Father favour feel France friends give Glasgow gospel hare Hebrew holy honour hope human Jesus Christ John king labours late learned letter liberty Lord Lord Advocate means meeting ment mind minister moral Natural Theology nature neral never object observe occasion opinion passage persons preached precognition present Priestley principles racter readers reason received religion religious respect Scotland scripture sense sentiments sermon shew sion Society Socinians spect spirit supposed tarian thing tion translation Trinitarian truth ture Unita Unitarian Unitarian Society word worship writer
75. oldal - And Jacob vowed a vow, saying, If God will be with me, and will keep me in this way that I go, and will give me bread to eat, and raiment to put on, So that I come again to my father's house in peace ; then shall the Lord be my God : and this stone, which I have set for a pillar, shall be God's house : and of all that thou shalt give me, I will surely give the tenth unto thee.
401. oldal - Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do evil; Learn to do well; seek judgment relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow.
140. oldal - Samuel said, hath the Lord as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices as in obeying the voice of the Lord ? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken, than the fat of rams.
261. oldal - And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.
263. oldal - Ceremonies, and authority in Controversies of Faith; And yet it is not lawful for the Church to ordain any thing that is contrary to God's Word written, neither may it so expound one place of Scripture, that it be repugnant to another.
302. oldal - ... to whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom ; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus : whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.
401. oldal - To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me ? saith the LORD: I am full of the burnt-offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beasts ; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he-goats.
262. oldal - Holy Scripture containeth all things necessary to salvation: so that whatsoever is not read therein, nor may be proved thereby, is not to be required of any man, that it should be believed as an article of the Faith, or be thought requisite or necessary to salvation.