Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
according altitude angle Answer appear ascension astronomer atmosphere attraction axis Bear beginning body brass meridian bring called centre circle consequently constellation continue degrees describe diameter difference direction distance divided drawn earth east ecliptic elevated equal equator EXAMPLES fall feet figure fixed force four given given place globe greater greatest half hand heavens height hence horizon increase inhabitants Jupiter latitude length less light London longest longitude magnitude mark mean miles minutes month moon moon's morning motion mountains move nearly night noon o'clock observed orbit parallel passed planet pole position PROBLEM quadrant rays represented revolve rise rivers round RULE satellites Saturn seen shew side signs situated square star sun's sun's declination supposed surface tides turn the globe Venus vertical zone
35. oldal - Every body continues in its state of rest or uniform motion in a straight line except in so far as it is compelled by external forces to change that state.
148. oldal - RULES TO KNOW WHEN THE MOVEABLE FEASTS AND HOLYDAYS BEGIN. EASTER DAY, on which the rest depend, is always the First Sunday after the Full Moon which happens upon, or next after the Twenty-first Day of March ; and if the Full Moon happens upon a Sunday, Easter Day is the Sunday after.
268. oldal - ... the western edge of the horizon, and the index will show the time of...
324. oldal - An INTRODUCTION to the THEORY and PRACTICE of PLANE and SPHERICAL TRIGONOMETRY, and the Stereographic Projection of the Sphere, including the Theory of Navigation ; comprehending a variety of Rules, Formulae, &c.
215. oldal - Elevate the globe to so many degrees above the horizon as are equal to the latitude of the place...
114. oldal - The time which this planet takes to revolve on its axis, and the inclination of its axis to the plane of its orbit, have been given by different astronomers ; but Dr. Herschel, from a long series of observations on this planet, published in the Philosophical Transactions for 1793, concludes, that the time of this planet's rotation on its axis is uncertain, and that the position of...
11. oldal - ANTOECI are those who live in the same degree of longitude, and in equal degrees of latitude, but the one in north and the other in south latitude. They have noon at the same time, but contrary seasons of the year ; consequently, the length of the days to the one, is equal to the length of the nights to the other. Those who live at the equator can have no Antoeci.
212. oldal - Problem 12 : ihen elevate the pole as many degrees above the horizon as are equal to the latitude of that place, and bring it to the brass meridian ; so will it then be the zenith or centre of the horizon.