Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Aldebaran analemma Answer Arcturus astronomers atmosphere axis azimuth body brass meridian Bring the given Cape centre constellations diameter diurnal diurnal motion earth eastward ecliptic Elevate the pole English miles Epact equal equator equinoctial figure find the sun's fixed stars full moon given place globe westward heavens hence high water horizon hour circle index has passed inhabitants Jupiter latitude length Libra London longest day longitude magnitude meridian altitude minutes month moon's morning motion move night node noon north latitude north pole number of degrees o'clock oblique observed orbit parallel of latitude Paschal full moon planet Pleiades point Aries polar Problem quadrant of altitude rays reckoning revolve round right ascension rise and set round the sun satellites Saturn set the index shew situated south pole sun rises sun's altitude sun's declination sun's place surface telescope tides tude turn the globe twilight Venus vertical zenith
47. oldal - Every body continues in its state of rest or uniform motion in a straight line except in so far as it is compelled by external forces to change that state.
170. oldal - RULES TO KNOW WHEN THE MOVEABLE FEASTS AND HOLYDAYS BEGIN. EASTER DAY, on which the rest depend, is always the First Sunday after the Full Moon which happens upon, or next after the Twenty-first Day of March ; and if the Full Moon happens upon a Sunday, Easter Day is the Sunday after.
294. oldal - ... the western edge of the horizon, and the index will show the time of...
350. oldal - An INTRODUCTION to the THEORY and PRACTICE of PLANE and SPHERICAL TRIGONOMETRY, and the Stereographic Projection of the Sphere, including the Theory of Navigation ; comprehending a variety of Rules, Formulae, &c.
243. oldal - Elevate the globe to so many degrees above the horizon as are equal to the latitude of the place...
134. oldal - The time which this planet takes to revolve on its axis, and the inclination of its axis to the plane of its orbit, have been given by different astronomers ; but Dr. Herschel, from a long series of observations on this planet, published in the Philosophical Transactions for 1793, concludes, that the time of this planet's rotation on its axis is uncertain, and that the position of...
19. oldal - ANTOECI are those who live in the same degree of longitude, and in equal degrees of latitude, but the one in north and the other in south latitude. They have noon at the same time, but contrary seasons of the year ; consequently, the length of the days to the one, is equal to the length of the nights to the other. Those who live at the equator can have no Antoeci.
240. oldal - Problem 12 : ihen elevate the pole as many degrees above the horizon as are equal to the latitude of that place, and bring it to the brass meridian ; so will it then be the zenith or centre of the horizon.