Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
able acquaintance affectionately affliction afford allow amuse answer appear attend believe blessing cause character Christian comfort concerns consider continual converse COWPER dear Cousin DEAR FRIEND death desire doubt effect expect express faith feel furnish give glad grace hands happy hear heart HESKETH hope Huntingdon instance interest kind labour LADY lately least leave less letter live look Lord manner matter mean meet mention mind mother natural never NEWTON obliged observation occasion Olney once opinion perhaps person pleased pleasure poor possible present prove question reason received recollect remember respect Scripture seems seen sense sent short soul spirit sufficient suppose sure tell thank thing thought tion told true truth verse whole WILLIAM UNWIN wish write
47. oldal - ... twice every day, and from twelve to three we separate and amuse ourselves as we please. During that interval I either read in my own apartment, or walk or ride, or work in the garden. We seldom sit an hour after dinner, but, if the weather permits, adjourn to the garden, where, with Mrs. Unwin and her son, I have generally the pleasure of religious conversation till teatime.
38. oldal - For what is our hope, or joy, or crown of rejoicing? Are not even ye in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at his coming?
155. oldal - ... now out, with a deal of state, in a figure of eight, without pipe or string, or any such thing ; and now I have writ, in a rhyming fit, what will make you dance, and as you advance, will keep you still, though against your will, dancing away, alert and gay, till you come to an end of what I have...
120. oldal - Though, even in this respect, his treatment of us depends upon what he meets with at our hands ; if we use him well, and listen to his admonitions, he is a friend indeed ; but otherwise the worst of enemies, who takes from us daily something that we valued, and gives us nothing better in its stead.
18. oldal - Two of my friends have been cut off, during my illness, in the midst of such a life as it is frightful to reflect upon ; and here am I, in better health and spirits than I can almost remember to have enjoyed before, after having spout months in the apprehension of instant death.
155. oldal - ... tis only her plan to catch, if she can, the giddy and gay, as they go that way, by a production on a new construction...
12. oldal - ... redemption of man, and the resurrection of man, the three cardinal articles of our religion, are such as human ingenuity could never have invented, therefore they must be divine ; the other argument is this. If the prophecies have been fulfilled (of which there is abundant demonstration) the Scripture must be the word of God, and if the Scripture is the word of God, Christianity must be true.
117. oldal - ... with which I thought I had sufficiently secured the window, and which I preferred to any other sort of blind, because it admitted plenty of air. From thence I hastened to the kitchen, where I saw the redoubtable Thomas Freeman, who told me, that having seen her, just after she...
73. oldal - I would recommend it to you to follow my example. You will presently qualify yourself for the task ; and may not only amuse yourself at home, but may even exercise your skill in mending the church windows ; which, as it would save money to the parish, would conduce, together with your other ministerial accomplishments, to make you extremely popular in the place. I have eight pair of tame pigeons.