Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Brief Memoirs of Remarkable Children, Collected by a Clergyman of the Church ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2016
affliction answered appeared asked attend aunt bear better Bible blessed called child Christ comfort continue Court dear death delight desire divine early Elizabeth eternal eyes faith father favour fear feel felt friends give given glory grace hand happy hear heard heart heaven holy honour hope instruction Jane Jesus kind King knew knowledge Lady learning live Lord manner means meet mind mother nature never night observed occasion offering once pain parents peace persons pleasure poor praise pray prayer present received remarked repeat replied respect salvation Samuel Saviour shewed sinner sins sister soon sorrows soul speak spirit studies suffer sweet taught teach tell thee things thought tion told took true unto wicked wish young
39. oldal - In that day I will perform against Eli all things which I have spoken concerning his house. When I begin, I will also make an end. For I have told him that I will judge his house for ever for the iniquity which he knoweth; because his sons made themselves vile, and he restrained them not.
80. oldal - I will tell you, quoth she, and tell you a Truth which perchance ye will marvel at. One of the greatest Benefits that ever God gave me, is, that he sent me so sharp and severe Parents, and so gentle a Schoolmaster. For when I am in Presence either of father or mother, whether I speak, keep Silence, sit, stand, or go, eat, drink, be merry, or sad, be sewing, playing, dancing, or doing anything else...
56. oldal - Her own shall bless her: Her foes shake like a field of beaten corn, And hang their heads with sorrow. Good grows with her; In her days every man shall eat in safety Under his own vine what he plants, and sing The merry songs of peace to all his neighbours. God shall be truly known; and those about her From her shall read the perfect ways of honour, And by those claim their greatness, not by blood.
3. oldal - And she vowed a vow, and said, O LORD of hosts, if thou wilt indeed look on the affliction of thine handmaid, and remember me, and not forget thine handmaid, but wilt give unto thine handmaid a man child, then I will give him unto the LORD all the days of his life, and there shall no razor come upon his head.
22. oldal - AND Hannah prayed, and said, My heart rejoiceth in the LORD, mine horn is exalted in the LORD ; my mouth is enlarged over mine enemies ; because I rejoice in thy salvation.
44. oldal - And he said, What is the thing that the Lord hath said unto thee? I pray thee hide it not from me; God do so to thee, and more also, if thou hide anything from me of all the things that he said unto thee.
5. oldal - Now Hannah, she spake in her heart ; only her lips moved, but her voice was not heard : therefore Eli thought she had been drunken.
171. oldal - And tread the refuse with his feet.] 10 [Is he a Rock? how firm he proves! The Rock of Ages never moves; Yet the sweet streams that from him flow, Attend us all the desert through.] 11 [Is he a Way? he leads to God; The path is drawn in lines of blood; There would I walk with hope and zeal, Till I arrive at Zion's hill.
80. oldal - After salutation and duty done, with some other talk, I asked her why she would lose such pastime in the park? Smiling she answered me, ' I wist all their sport in the park is but a shadow to that pleasure that I find in Plato. Alas I good folk, they never felt what true pleasure meant.