Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
accident appear attention authority become believe Bishop breaks brought called carriages carried cause character Charlotte Christian Church classes common companies course danger desire direction doubt duty effect employed engine England English Europe existing fact feeling force foreign give given Government hand House hymns important influence interest island Italy King Knight known Lady less letter live look Lord means miles mind Miss nature never object officers once party passed persons Pitt political possession practical present Prince Princess principles probably question railway reason received religious remain respect result schools seems side society Spain spirit taken things thought tion train true whole young
253. oldal - Every state shall abide by the determinations of the United States in congress assembled, on all questions which, by this confederation, are submitted to them. And the articles of this confederation shall be inviolably observed by every state ; and the Union shall be perpetual.
345. oldal - Who from our mother's arms Hath blessed us on our way With countless gifts of love, And still is ours to-day. 2 O may this bounteous God Through all our life be near us, With ever joyful hearts And blessed peace to cheer us ; And keep us in His grace, And guide us when perplexed, And free us from all ills In this world and the next.
245. oldal - Kansas, and when admitted as a state or states, the said territory, or any portion of the same, shall be received into the union with or without slavery, as their constitution may prescribe at the time of their admission...
491. oldal - Whatever blooms in torrid tracts appear, Whose bright succession decks the varied year ; Whatever sweets salute the northern sky With vernal lives, that blossom but to die ; These here disporting own the kindred soil, Nor ask luxuriance from the planter's toil ; While sea-born gales their gelid wings expand To winnow fragrance round the smiling land.
323. oldal - Thou dost conduct Thy people Through torrents of temptation ; Nor will we fear, while Thou art near, The fire of tribulation : The world, with sin and Satan, In vain our march opposes ; By Thee we shall break through them all, And sing the song of Moses.
241. oldal - I understand a proposed amendment to the Constitution — which amendment, however, I have not seen— has passed Congress, to the effect that the federal government shall never interfere with the domestic institutions of the States, including that of persons held to service.
342. oldal - O hope of every contrite heart ! O joy of all the meek! To those who fall, how kind thou art ! How good to those who seek ! 4 But what to those who find ? Ah ! this Nor tongue nor pen can show, The love of Jesus, what it is, None but his loved ones know.
349. oldal - DISCIPLINE THROW away Thy rod, Throw away Thy wrath : 0 my God, Take the gentle path. For my heart's desire Unto Thine is bent : 1 aspire To a full consent. Not a word or look I affect to own, But by book, And Thy book alone.