Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
able advantages allowed answer appears assistance attend authority become believe better Bishop Board boys called carried character child Christian Church clergy College Committee considerable course desire directed districts duty effect English established examination exercise feel funds give given Grammar habits hand heart hope important improvement institution instruction interest knowledge labour language learning less lesson living look Lord manner master means meeting method mind moral nature necessary never object observe parents parish perhaps persons poor practical prayers present principles pupils question received regard religious respect rules scholars schoolmaster seems Society teacher teaching things thought tion truth whole writing young
159. oldal - Sound needed none, Nor any voice of joy ; his spirit drank The spectacle : sensation, soul, and form All melted into him ; they swallowed up His animal being ; in them did he live, And by them did he live ; they were his life. In such access of mind, in such high hour Of visitation from the living God, Thought was not ; in enjoyment it expired.
220. oldal - Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report ; if there be any virtue, if there be any praise, think on these things.
70. oldal - To haunt the bodily sense. He had received A precious gift; for, as he grew in years, With these impressions would he still compare All his remembrances, thoughts, shapes, and forms; And, being still unsatisfied with aught Of dimmer character, he thence attained An active power to fasten images Upon his brain ; and on their pictured lines Intensely brooded, even till they acquired The liveliness of dreams.
30. oldal - Wherefore that here we may briefly end : of Law there can be no less acknowledged, than that her seat is the bosom of God, her voice the harmony of the world : all things in heaven and earth do her homage, the very least as feeling her care, and the greatest as not exempted from her power : both Angels and men and creatures of what condition soever, though each in different sort and manner, yet all with uniform consent, admiring her as the mother of their peace and joy.
159. oldal - His animal being ; in them did he live, And by them did he live; they were his life. In such access of mind, in such high hour Of visitation from the living God, Thought was not; in enjoyment it expired. No thanks he breathed, he proffered no request; Rapt into still communion that transcends The imperfect offices of prayer and praise, His mind was a thanksgiving to the power That made him; it was blessedness and love!
90. oldal - And if some tones be false or low, What are all prayers beneath But cries of babes, that cannot know Half the deep thought they breathe...