A Series of Letters Addressed to Rev. Hosea Ballou, of Boston: Being a Vindication of the Doctrine of a Future Retribution Against the Principal Arguments Used by Him, Mr. Balfour, and Others
D. Watson, 1827 - 307 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
absurdity according acknowledge admit already apostle appears apply argument assert believe body cause chapter character Christ Christian committed consequently consider contend created crime dead death destroyed divine doctrine earth effect evidence evil existence express fact faith fear flesh follows frequently future punishment future retribution give given gospel happiness heaven hell human idea immortal influence interpretation Jesus judged judgment kill labor language literal live Lord maintain manner means ment mentioned mind misery moral nature objection offered opinion passage Paul period person position present pretend priest principle prove punishment question raised reason receive remarks represent resurrection reward rich righteous saved Savior scriptures seen sense sentiment signify sinful sinner soul speaks spirit suffer suppose taught teach tells term things tion true truth unto verse views virtue whole wicked writers
206. oldal - Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the Prophets ; let them hear them. And he said, Nay, father Abraham : but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent. And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the Prophets, neither will they be persuaded though one rose from the dead.
31. oldal - And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.
226. oldal - For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the Just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit : by which also He went and preached unto the spirits in prison ; which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.
229. oldal - When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men. (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth? He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things...
99. oldal - When I thought to know this, it was too painful for me, Until I went into the sanctuary of God ; then understood I their end.
141. oldal - And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted unto heaven, shalt be brought down to hell : for if the mighty works, which have been done in thee, had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day. But I say unto you, that it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment, than for thee.
85. oldal - Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind, (for he that hath suffered in the flesh, hath ceased from sin,) that he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.
236. oldal - He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?