Several Discourses Preached at the Temple Church, 4. kötet
J. Whiston and B. White ... W. Owen ... and E. Baker, 1758
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Gyakori szavak és kifejezések
Account Acts againſt Apoſtle appear Argument Authority becauſe believe Cafe called Chrift Chriftian Church Command concerning Condition Confequence confider Creature Dead Death Defires DISCOURSE Doctrine Duty Effect Enjoyments equally Evidence evil Faith fame Father fays Fear feen fhall fhew fhould fince firſt follow fome Form ftands fuch fure future give given Glory Goſpel Government Hand Happineſs happy Heart himſelf Holy Honour Hopes Jefus judge Judgment live look Lord Mankind Matter Means Mind muſt Name Natural Religion Nature neceffary Neighbour never Notion Obedience Objects Paffions Paul Peace Place plain Pleaſures Point Power Practice Principles proper Queſtion Reaſon received Relation Religion render Reward Right Rule Saviour Scripture Senfe Servant ſhall Subjects teach Text thefe themſelves theſe Things thoſe thou thought tion true Truth unto uſe Vice Virtue wife World
60. oldal - ... far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come: and hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church, which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.
59. oldal - Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation, in the knowledge of him; the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, and what is the exceeding greatness of his power to usward who believe according to the working of his mighty power...
194. oldal - ... unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews ; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law; To...
110. oldal - Wherefore of these men which have companied with us all the time that the Lord Jesus went in and out among us, beginning from the baptism of John, unto that same day that he was taken up from us, must one be ordained to be a witness with us of his resurrection.
255. oldal - Enter not into the path of the wicked, and go not in the way of evil men. Avoid it, pass not by it, turn from it, and pass away.
351. oldal - Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ ; Not with eyeservice, as men-pleasers ; but as the servants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart ; With good will doing service, as to the Lord, and not to men...
59. oldal - ... .which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places., (far above all principality and power and might and dominion, and every name that is named not only in this world, but also in that which is to come...
262. oldal - For they sleep not, except they have done mischief; and their sleep is taken away, unless they cause some to fall. For they eat the bread of wickedness and drink the wine of violence.
3. oldal - If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies, fulfil ye my joy, that ye be like-minded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind...