Gefen Publishing House Ltd, 2004 - 335 oldal
Jerusalem is a holy and magical city. It was the Golden Jerusalem of King David and the wise King Solomon, the Golden Jerusalem of Jesus and the cradle of Christianity, as well as Islam's third holiest site. Har-El demonstrates the dynamic interrelationship and historical process between man, landscape, geographical conditions, conquests, culture and religion.
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
According ancient apparently aqueduct Arab arch Armenian bearing building built burial Byzantine called century chamber Christian Church cisterns Citadel City of David connection construction corner course courtyard Crusader Damascus destroyed discovered dome east eastern excavations flowed fortress four Garden Gate graves hall height Herod's hill Holy included inhabitants inscription Israel Jerusalem Jesus Jewish Jews Judah Judean Kidron Valley King known land later leading living located Lower City Mameluke mentioned Moslems mosque Mount of Olives Mount Zion Mountains northern noted opening palace Persian pilgrims Pool present Priest probably quarter reached remains road rock Roman rooms rule Second Temple period served side Solomon sources southern spring stone street structure supplied supported synagogue Temple Mount Tomb Tower tradition tunnel Turkish unto Upper City Wars Western Wall wide
122. oldal - And the chief priests took the silver pieces, and said, It is not lawful for to put them into the treasury, because it is the price of blood.
222. oldal - In these lay a great multitude of impotent folk, of blind, halt, withered, waiting for the moving of the water. For an angel went down at a certain season into the pool, and troubled the water ; whosoever then first after the troubling of the water stepped in was made whole of whatsoever disease he had.
89. oldal - And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be.
159. oldal - For the land, whither thou goest in to possess it, is not as the land of Egypt, from whence ye came out, where thou sowedst thy seed, and wateredst it with thy foot, as a garden of herbs : "But the land, whither ye go to possess it, is a land of hills and valleys, and drinketh water of the rain of heaven...
158. oldal - And Lot lifted up his eyes, and beheld all the plain of Jordan, that it was well watered every where, before the LORD destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, even as the garden of the LORD, like the land of Egypt, as thou comest unto Zoar.
124. oldal - And he brought out the grove from the house of the LORD. without Jerusalem, unto the brook Kidron, and burned it at the brook Kidron, and stamped it small to powder, and cast the powder thereof upon the graves of the children of the people.
313. oldal - And in the day time he was teaching in the temple; and at night he went out, and abode in •the mount that is called the mount of Olives.
10. oldal - And it shall come to pass, if ye shall hearken diligently unto my commandments which I command you this day, to love the Lord your God, and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul...
242. oldal - As one whom his mother comforteth, so will I comfort you ; And ye shall be comforted in Jerusalem.