Lectures on the Gospel, as gathered from the life of Christ; with an appendix on baptismal regeneration
J.G. & F. Rivington, 1834 - 266 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
able accepted according Acts allow appear assurance baptism baptized become believe benefits birth blessed body born called cast Christian church claim conclude covenant darkness dead death desire divine doctrine effect eternal example express eyes fact faith Father fear feeling final flesh follow give given glory God's Gospel grace hand hath heart heaven Holy Ghost hope human infants influences Jesus Christ John judgment lead least look Lord means meet mind mortal nature necessary obedience offer once operations ourselves partakers perfect person pray prayer prepared present privileges promise prove raised reason received redeemed regeneration repentance rest resurrection revealed rite saints salvation scripture shew sons sorrow soul Spirit strength suffered suppose temptation tempted things tion true truth unto viii wish
181. oldal - Thus saith the Lord God unto these bones; Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live: and I will lay sinews upon you, and will bring up flesh upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and ye shall live; and ye shall know that I am the Lord.
62. oldal - Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ ; as obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance : but as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation ; because it is written, Be ye holy ; for I am holy.
x. oldal - But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.
33. oldal - Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God ? Be not deceived : neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you : but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.
ix. oldal - But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
127. oldal - And another angel came and stood at the altar, having a golden censer, and there was given unto him much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne. And the smoke of the incense, which came with the prayers of the saints, ascended up before God out of the angel's hand.
36. oldal - Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
185. oldal - These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, "Father, the hour is come ; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee: as thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.