Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
actions affection afford analogy answer appear arise authority behaviour body called capacity carried character Christianity circumstances common concerning consequence consideration considered consists constitution contrary course creatures danger determine direct distinct divine doubt duty equally evidence exercise existence expected experience express external fact follow former further future give given greater happiness hath heart human implies influence instances interest judge kind knowledge lead less living mankind manner matter means mentioned mind misery moral nature necessary notion objections obligations observed occasion ourselves particular passion perhaps persons plainly possible practice present principle proof proper proved Providence punished reason reflection regard relation religion render requires respect revelation scheme Scripture seems self-love sense sort speak suppose things thought tion true truth vice virtue whole
187. oldal - ... how shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him; God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will?
219. oldal - And this spake he not of himself: but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation ; and not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad.
84. oldal - Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me; For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the Lord: They would none of my counsel; they despised all my reproof. Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices.
85. oldal - LORD hath not defied ? for from the top of the rocks I see him, and from the hills I behold him: lo, the people shall dwell alone, and shall not be reckoned among the nations. Who can count the dust of Jacob, and the number of the fourth part of Israel ? let me die the death of the righteous, and let my last end be like his...
25. oldal - Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy: but I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you...
243. oldal - I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; for kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
177. oldal - I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made : marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
162. oldal - Behold, I go forward, but he is not there ; and backward, but I cannot perceive him : on the left hand, where he doth work, but I cannot behold him : he hideth himself on the right hand, that I cannot see him : but he knoweth the way that I take : when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold.
74. oldal - But the only distinct meaning of that word is, stated, fixed, or settled; since what is natural as much requires and presupposes an intelligent agent to render it so, ie, to effect it continually, or at stated times, as what is supernatural or miraculous does to effect it for once. And from hence it must follow, that persons...