Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
able according appear attended authority become believe Bible Bishop blessed called cause character Christ Christian Church common confess considered doctrine duty effect England English established EXAMINER expression fact faith Father feel give given Gospel hand hear heart holy hope important influence instruction interesting Ireland Irish Justification Kilkenny king knowledge labours language least letter light living look Lord means meet mind Missionary native nature never object observe opinion passage perhaps persons Phaddhy poor present priest principle Protestant question readers reason received religion religious remarks replied respect Reverence Roman Catholic Rome schools Scriptures seems sense Society soul speak spirit suppose sure tell things thought tion true truth whole wish
370. oldal - Jesus began both, to do and teach, until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen : to whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God...
240. oldal - His death and passion: and grant, that the grace of God, which bringeth salvation, may effectually teach and persuade me to deny ungodliness and worldly lusts, and to live soberly, righteously, and godly in this present world...
364. oldal - I charge thee, therefore. before God, and THE LORD JESUS CHRIST, WHO SHALL JUDGE THE QUICK AND THE DEAD AT HIS APPEARING AND HIS KINGDOM, preach the word, be instant in season, out of season ; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.
7. oldal - I go to prepare a place for you, that where I am, there ye may be also.
368. oldal - Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord ; forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.
304. oldal - I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost, that I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart. For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh...
335. oldal - Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy Seed, which is Christ.
312. oldal - Biron they call him ; but a merrier man, Within the limit of becoming mirth, I never spent an hour's talk withal : His eye begets occasion for his wit ; For every object that the one doth catch The other turns to a mirth-moving jest...
271. oldal - The sire turns o'er, wi' patriarchal grace, The big ha' Bible, ance his father's pride. His bonnet rev'rently is laid aside, His lyart haffets wearing thin an' bare ; Those strains that once did sweet in Zion glide, He wales a portion with judicious care ; And " Let us worship God !