Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
appear army Austria authority Bishop Bruno called Captain Catholic cause century China Chinese Christian Church corona Crown district doctrine doubt Elwin Emperor Empire England English evil existence fact faith favour force foreign France French German give Government hand Herefordshire Holdfast honour House Hulee Hungary Imperial India Ireland Irish King labour land less lines living Lord Lunar matter Mayenne ment meteor systems military mind Minister missionaries Mormon nation native natural never officers Omar once opinion Paris Parliament party passed peace peerages political Pope population present Prince Protestant question racter regard religion Roman Roman Catholic Russia Saints Scotland seems ship side solar spirit supposed things thought tical tion turret ship Ultramontane Volundur Welsh whole words writ of summons Yamen
295. oldal - Lives through all life, extends through all extent, Spreads undivided, operates unspent ; Breathes in our soul, informs our mortal part, As full, as perfect in a hair as heart ; As full, as perfect in vile man that mourns, As the rapt seraph that adores and burns. To Him no high, no low, no great, no small ; He fills, He bounds, connects and equals all.
292. oldal - FATHER of all ! in every age, In every clime adored, By saint, by savage, and by sage, Jehovah, Jove, or Lord ! Thou great First Cause, least understood, Who all my sense confined To know but this, that Thou art good, And that myself am blind ; Yet...
91. oldal - Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them.
164. oldal - Works of imagination excel by their allurement and delight; by their power of attracting and detaining the attention. That book is good in vain, which the reader throws away. He only is the master, who keeps the mind in pleasing captivity...
104. oldal - So that, to believe such doctrines, or to obey such commands out of conscience, is to betray true liberty of conscience: and the requiring of an implicit faith, and an absolute and blind obedience, is to destroy liberty of conscience, and reason also.
287. oldal - A perfect judge will read each work of wit With the same spirit that its author writ : Survey the whole, nor seek slight faults to find Where Nature moves, and rapture warms the mind ; Nor lose, for that malignant dull delight, The gen'rous pleasure to be charm'd with wit.
459. oldal - I believe in the Holy Ghost, the Lord and Giver of life, Who proceedeth from the Father and the Son, Who with the Father and the Son together is worshipped and glorified, Who spake by the Prophets.
303. oldal - He cursed him in sleeping, that every night He should dream of the devil, and wake in a fright ; He cursed him in eating, he cursed him in drinking, He cursed him in coughing, in sneezing, in winking; He cursed him in sitting, in standing, in lying ; He cursed him in walking, in riding, in flying ; He cursed him in living, he cursed him dying ! — Never was heard such a terrible curse ! But what gave rise To no little surprise, Nobody seemed one penny the worse...
449. oldal - This Sea that bares her bosom to the moon; The winds that will be howling at all hours, And are up-gathered now like sleeping flowers; For this, for everything, we are out of tune; It moves us not.