Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
answer appear attention believe better blessed body bring brought called child Christ Christian Church comfort consider continued death desire duty England evil expect eyes faith father fear feel friends garden give given God's grace hand happy hear heart heaven HISTORY holy hope hour James Jesus keep kind king labour land late lead live look Lord means mind nature neighbours never observed parents parish pass persons plants poor praise pray prayer present QUESTIONS received religion Sabbath Scriptures seek sent sins Society soon soul Spirit sure thee things thou thought true trust turn unto whole young
4. oldal - BLESSED Lord, who hast caused all holy Scriptures to be written for our learning; Grant that we may in such wise hear them, read, mark, learn, and inwardly digest them, that by patience and comfort of thy holy Word, we may embrace, and ever hold fast, the blessed hope of everlasting life, which thou hast given us in our Saviour Jesus Christ.
279. oldal - Christian life: remembering always, that baptism doth represent unto us our profession ; which is, to follow the example of our Saviour CHRIST, and to be made like unto him; that as he died, and rose again for us, so should we, who are baptized, die from sin, and rise again unto righteousness; continually mortifying all our evil and corrupt affections, and daily proceeding in all virtue and godliness of living.
366. oldal - GOD, from whom all holy desires, all good counsels, and all just works do proceed : Give unto thy servants that peace which the world cannot give ; that both our hearts may be set to obey thy commandments, and also that by thee we, being defended from the fear of our enemies, may pass our time in rest and quietness, through the merits of Jesus Christ our Saviour.
208. oldal - For so have I seen a lark rising from his bed of grass, and soaring upwards, singing as he rises, and hopes to get to heaven, and climb above the clouds ; but the poor bird was beaten back with the loud sighings of an eastern wind, and his motion made irregular and inconstant, descending more at every breath of the tempest than it could recover by the...
218. oldal - For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile: let him eschew evil, and do good; let him seek peace, and ensue it.
220. oldal - Lord, lest the tempter me surprise, Watch over Thine own sacrifice ! All loose, all idle thoughts cast out, And make my very dreams devout...
88. oldal - Blessed is he that considereth the poor: the Lord will deliver him in time of trouble. The Lord will preserve him, and keep him alive; and he shall be blessed upon the earth: and thou wilt not deliver him unto the will of his enemies. The Lord will strengthen him upon the bed of languishing: thou wilt make all his bed in his sickness.
78. oldal - See that ye refuse not him that speaketh : for if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven...