A Memoir of India and Avghanistaun: With Observations on the Present Exciting and Critical State and Future Prospects of Those Countries. Comprising Remarks on the Massacre of the British Army in Cabul ...
J. Dobson, 1842 - 208 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
A Memoir of India and Avghanistaun: With Observations on the Present ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2014
affairs agent Ameer amongst appears arms army Asia attempt attended authority Avghanistaun Avghans became become British brother Bulkh Cabul called camp causes Central Asia character chief Christian civilization command conquest consequence Count court dominion Dost Mahomed doubt dynasty East effect empire enemy England English established European event existence expedition fact faith followers force foreign four frequently hand highness honour independent India Indus infidel influence interests Khan King known late less letter Mahomedan means measure military mind moral mountains native nature never officers operations Oriental pass period Persian plain political population position possession present prince principle probably province race Rajah received reference relations religion religious remark result river route Russia Shah subdued success sustained thousand tion treaty tribe troops views whilst whole
180. oldal - And I saw another angel ascending from the East, having the seal of the living God, and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea, saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.
192. oldal - But tidings out of the east and out of the north shall trouble him: therefore he shall go forth with great fury to destroy, and utterly to make away many. And he shall plant the tabernacles of his palace between the seas in the glorious holy mountain ; yet he shall come to his end, and none shall help him.
180. oldal - And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea, 3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.
185. oldal - And the four angels were loosed, which were prepared for an hour, and a day, and a month, and a year, for to slay the third part of men.
193. oldal - Look in (Dan. 12:1-3), it says, "and at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, everyone that shall be found written in the book.
193. oldal - And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates ; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the eaot might be prepared.
195. oldal - I beheld, and lo a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindred, and people and tongues, stood before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes and palms in their hands...
193. oldal - I come as a thief; blessed is he that watcheth ; " and in a contemporaneous sense, it is added, " and he gathered them together in a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon." When Constantinople shall be without a Moslem master, or the integrity of the Ottoman empire can no longer be maintained, a new arrangement must be made, with the elements of the Mahomedan dominion. The existence of the British empire depends upon her paramount...