Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
The Permanence of Christianity, Lectures Preached Before the University of ...
John Richard T Eaton
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2016
admitted advance argument Atheism Augustine authority belief Bishop booh Buckle causes character Chris Christianity Church Churchman civilization Comp Compare Comte creed Crown 8vo Dean Dean Stanley devotion Divine doctrine dogma Dorner doubt duty Edition Edward Meyrick Goulburn effect element error Essays eternal existence fact force Francis de Sales Goldwin Smith Gospel Guizot Herbert Spencer Hist Holy human nature ideas influence instincts intellectual J. H. Newman J. S. Mill Jesus John Henry Blunt knowledge laws Lecky Lectures Leibnitz man's mankind matter ment Milman mind Monasticism Monotheism moral nations objection observes Pantheism permanence Phil philosophy physical positive Positivism practice Prayer present principle progress Protestantism race reason Reformation religion religious remarks result Revelation says Scripture sense Sermons Small 8vo social soul spirit teaching tendency theology theory things thought tianity tion true truth universe volume worh writes
27. oldal - The Greek Testament: with a critically revised Text; a Digest of Various Readings; Marginal References to verbal and Idiomatic Usage; Prolegomena; and a Critical and Exegetical Commentary. For the Use of Theological Students and Ministers, By HENRY ALFORD, DD, Dean of Canterbury. Vol. I., containing the Four Gospels.
19. oldal - Augustin. A DOMINICAN ARTIST : a Sketch of the Life of the Rev. Pere Besson, of the Order of St. Dominic.
vi. oldal - Also I direct, that thirty copies of the eight Divinity Lecture Sermons shall be always printed, within two months after they are preached; and one copy shall be given to the Chancellor of the University, and one copy to the Head of every College, and one copy to the Mayor of the city of Oxford, and one copy to be put into the Bodleian Library; and the...
19. oldal - ... or the wisest for the multitude's sake, were not ready to give passage rather to that which is popular and superficial than to that which is substantial and profound; for the truth is, that time seemeth to be of the nature of a river or stream, which carrieth down to us that which is light and blown up, and sinketh and drowneth that which is weighty and solid.
78. oldal - For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of Him who hath subjected the same in hope ; Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
247. oldal - The queen of the south shall rise up in the judgment with the men of this generation, and condemn them : for she came from the utmost parts of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon ; and, behold, a greater than Solomon is here.
104. oldal - Are God and Nature then at strife, That Nature lends such evil dreams So careful of the type she seems, So careless of the single life...
37. oldal - ... the simple record of three short years of active life has done more to regenerate and to soften mankind than all the disquisitions of philosophers and all the exhortations of moralists.