A Sketch of the Denominations of the Christian World: To which is Prefixed an Outline of Atheism, Deism, Theophilanthropism, Mahometanism, Judaism, and Christianity : with a Persuasive to Religious Moderation
J.S. & C. Adams, 1832 - 273 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
A Sketch of the Denominations of the Christian World: To Which Is Prefixed ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2015
appeared Baptists believe Bishop blessed body called Calvinists Catholic character charity Christian church church of England common concerning considered continue controversy death denominated Dissenters distinguished divine doctrine earth England established eternal existence faith Father give given Gospel hand heaven History Holy human Jesus Christ Jews John kind king kingdom knowledge late learned liberty lives London Lord mankind manner matters means meet ment Methodists mind ministers nature never opinions original perfect period persecution persons practice preaching Presbyterians present principles profess Protestant published Quakers reader reason received Reformation reign religion religious remarks respecting revelation says Scotland scripture sect sense sentiments Society speaking spirit tenets term Testament things tion Trinity truth Unitarian United universal unto views volumes worship writers written
56. oldal - For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world ; looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ ; who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.
211. oldal - Thus saith the Lord God, Behold, I will lift up mine hand to the Gentiles, and set up my standard to the people: and they shall bring thy sons in their arms, and thy daughters shall be carried upon their shoulders. And kings shall be thy nursing fathers, and their queens thy nursing mothers...
55. oldal - And he led them out as far as to Bethany, and he lifted up his hands, and blessed them. And it came to pass, while he blessed them, he was parted from them, and carried up into heaven.
51. oldal - I will liken him unto a wise man who built his house upon a rock ; and the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat upon that house, and it fell not ; for it was founded upon a rock. And every one that heareth these sayings of mine and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man who built his house upon the sand ; and the rain 17 descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat upon that house, and it fell; and great was the fall of it.
49. oldal - Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him. But John forbade him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me?
55. oldal - Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the Scriptures. And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day : And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.
48. oldal - And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And, lo ! the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them ; and they were sore afraid. And the angel said unto them, Fear not, for behold I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people ; for unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
51. oldal - And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you ; depart from me, ye that work iniquity. Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock : and the rain descended, and the floods came, and the wind? blew and beat upon that house ; and it fell not : for it was founded upon a rock.
51. oldal - The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord : and thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.