The Christian in Complete Armour: Or, A Treatise on the Saints' War with the Devil, Wherein a Discovery is Made of the Policy, Power, Wickedness, and Stratagems Made Use of by that Enemy of God and His People : a Magazine Opened, from Whence the Christian is Furnished with Spiritual Arms for the Battle, Assisted in Buckling on His Armour, and Taught the Use of His Weapons, Together with the Happy Issue of the Whole War, 2. kötet
L. B. Seeley, 1821
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Abimelech affliction Apostle art thou blessing blood bosom bring called Canst thou say carnal CHAP Christ Christian comes comfort command conscience creature curse David death devil dost doth duty enemy faith false father fear give glory God's godly Gospel grace hand hath Heaven Hell hypocrisy hypocrite Israel Israelites Jews Joab John xiv John xvii judgment keep labour live look Lord lust man's mercy ness never pardon peace Pharisees power of holiness pray prayer profession promise Psal Psalm righteousness saints saith Satan Secondly SECT servant set God shew sincere soul sins speak Spirit stand suffer sure sweet take heed tell temptation thee things Thirdly thou art thou canst thou hast thou mayest thou wilt thou wouldest thoughts thy heart thy soul thyself tradest true truly truth unholy unto uprightness walk wherein wicked Word wrath
292. oldal - Blessed is the people that know the joyful sound: they shall walk, O Lord, in the light of thy countenance. In thy name shall they rejoice all the day: and in thy righteousness shall they be exalted.
287. oldal - If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the Lord, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words: then shalt thou delight thyself in the Lord...
314. oldal - God; strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness ; giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son...
423. oldal - But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour towards man appeared, not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost ; which he shed on us abundantly, through Jesus Christ our Saviour: that being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
326. oldal - This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that JESUS CHRIST came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief.
126. oldal - BLESSED is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. Blessed is the man unto whom the Lord imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.
364. oldal - Who is a God like unto thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of his heritage? He retaineth not his anger for ever, because he delighteth in mercy.
309. oldal - But. beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ; How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.