An Explication of the First Part of the Assembly's Shorter Catechism ...
Print. by W. Gray, 1755 - 301 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Gyakori szavak és kifejezések
according Acts Adam alfo angels becauſe behold believe bleffed blood body born bring called Chap cited Compared continued Covenant created Creatures Curfe dead death doth earth eternal evil eyes faid unto faith fame Father fave fent fervant fhall fhould firft flesh forecited foul fruit fuch gave give given glory God's Grace hand hath Head heart heaven Hence himſelf holy honour hope Image Jefus Chrift John judgment juftified King knowledge light live Lord Lord Jefus Luke Matth mind Nature never Obedience offering perfect Perfon Pfal Power praife praiſe promife propagate raiſed received Redeemer religion rifing Righteoufnefs righteous ſhall Soul Spirit thee theſe things thoſe thou true truth unto verf viii walk whereby wherein whole wrath written
206. oldal - Abide in Me and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself except it abide in the vine, no more can ye except ye abide in Me. I am the Vine, ye are the branches. He that abideth in Me and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit. For without Me ye can do nothing.
46. oldal - And they heard the voice of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day : and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God amongst the trees of the garden.
193. oldal - I will greatly rejoice in the Lord, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.
198. oldal - My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me : And I give unto them eternal life ; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My father which gave them me is greater than all ; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
79. oldal - For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.
59. oldal - But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.
74. oldal - And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the Word of His grace, Which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.
199. oldal - Who is among you that feareth the Lord, that obeyeth the voice of his servant, that walketh in darkness and hath no light? let him trust in the name of the Lord, and stay upon his God.
191. oldal - If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering: for he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea, driven with the wind, and tossed. For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.
97. oldal - And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church : but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.