The reasonableness and certainty of the Christian religion, 2. kötet
Richard Sare, 1708
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Gyakori szavak és kifejezések
able according Acts againſt Ages amongſt ancient Apoſtles appears Authority becauſe befides believe Books Captivity chap Children Chrift Chriftian City commanded concerning confider Countries Death Defign Divine Doctrine Earth Egypt Evidence faid Faith falfe fame fays felf fent feveral fhall fhew fhould firft firſt fome foretold fuch fuffer fufficient fuppofed give given Gods hands Heathen himſelf Hiſtory Holy humane hundred Ifrael Jerufalem Jews Jofeph Judgment King Knowledge known Land learned Lives Lord Mankind manner Matter means Miracles Mofes moſt muſt Name Nature never obferved occafion Oracles particular Perfon Philofophers Power pretended Prophecies Prophets prove Providence Reaſon received Religion Revelation Saviour Scriptures Senfes Spirits taken Temple thefe themſelves theſe thing thofe thoſe thought tion Tribes true Truth unto uſed whole wonderful World Writings written wrought
24. oldal - At what instant I shall speak concerning a nation, and concerning a kingdom, to pluck up, and to pull down, and to destroy it; if that nation, against whom I have pronounced, turn from their evil, I will repent of the evil that I thought to do unto them. And at what instant I shall speak concerning a nation, and concerning a kingdom, to build and to plant it ; if it do evil in my sight, that it obey not my voice, then I will repent of the good, wherewith I said I would benefit them.
143. oldal - ... not one thing hath failed of all the good things which the LORD your God spake concerning you ; all are come to pass unto you, and not one thing hath failed thereof.
167. oldal - Gather the people together, men, and women, and children, and thy stranger that is within thy gates, that they may hear, and that they may learn, and fear the LORD your God, and observe to do all the words of this law...
286. oldal - Ye men of Israel, hear these words, Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know...
154. oldal - Would God that we had died in the land of Egypt or would God we had died in this wilderness! And wherefore hath the Lord brought us unto this land, to fall by the sword, that our wives and our children should be a prey? Were it not better for us to return into Egypt? And they said one to another, Let us make a captain, and let us return into Egypt.
34. oldal - Now go, write it before them in a table, and note it in a book, that it may be for" the time to come for ever and ever...
278. oldal - Now, when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marvelled ; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus.
286. oldal - The God of Abraham and of Isaac and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus, whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go. But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you, and killed the Prince of life ; whom God hath raised from the dead, whereof we are witnesses.
294. oldal - Refrain from these men, and let them alone: for if this counsel or this work be of men, it will come to nought: But if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it; lest haply ye be found even to fight against God.
148. oldal - Or, hath God assayed to go, and take him a nation from the midst of another nation, by temptations, by signs, and by wonders, and by war, and by a mighty hand, and by a stretched out arm, and by great terrors, according to all that the Lord your God did for you in Egypt before your eyes?