Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
action active Admiral afterwards appeared appointed army arrived attack attention became body British called Captain character Church circumstances Colonel command Commons considerable considered continued Court daughter Davy death died distinguished duty Earl early effect elected engaged England English entered experiments father force formed four French friends honour House immediately important improvement interest island John knowledge known land late letter light lived London Lord Magazine Major manner March married memoir ment mind nature never object Observations obtained occasion officer particular passed performed period person possession practice present principles printed produced published rank received regiment remained remarkable respect returned Royal sent served ship Society soon succeeded success tion took volume West whole
399. oldal - And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the Word of His grace, Which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.
170. oldal - Time made thee what thou wast, king of the woods ; And time hath made thee what thou art — a cave For owls to roost in.
278. oldal - Thoughts on the English Government — addressed to the quiet good sense of the people of England...
211. oldal - Essays on the Lives and Writings of Fletcher of Saltoun and the Poet Thomson: Biographical, critical, and political.
51. oldal - ... in a state of intense activity ; and a platina wire, communicating with the positive side, was brought in contact with the upper surface of the alkali. The whole apparatus was in the open atmosphere.
52. oldal - In sciences kindred to chemistry, the knowledge of the nature of the alkalies, and the analogies arising in consequence, will open many new views; they may lead to the solution of many problems in geology, and shew that agents may have operated in the formation of rocks and earths which have not hitherto been suspected to exist.
8. oldal - Flora struck her colours, and at 12 the Bellona followed her example. The enemy to windward now endeavoured to make off, but were followed up as close as the disabled state of his Majesty's ships would admit of, and the Active and Cerberus...
154. oldal - For the repeated thanks and grants bestowed upon you by this house, in gratitude for your many and eminent services, you have thought fit this day to offer us your acknowledgments; but this nation well knows that it is still largely your debtor. It owes to you the proud satisfaction, that amidst the constellation of illustrious warriors, who have recently visited our country...