A Vindication of Some of the Most Essential Doctrines of the Reformation: Being a Reply to Objections Raised Against These Doctrines in a Late Publication, Entitled: "The Errors of Hopkinsianism Detected and Refuted; in Six Letters, by Nathan Bangs ..." Addressed to the Author of the Present Work
Ashbel Stoddard, 1817 - 264 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
A Vindication of Some of the Most Essential Doctrines of the Reformation ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2015
according agency apostle appear argument believe bring called cause character Christ christian church commands concerning considered consistent counsel covenant created creatures death decree dependent depravity designed determined divine doctrine earth effect election eternal evident evil exercises existence faith fall Father favor feel give given glory God's gospel grace hand hath heart heaven hold holy hope idea imply infinite interest Jesus knowledge Letters light live Lord manifest means meant mind ministers moral nature never object passage perfect persons present promises prove reason regeneration religion repentance respect saints salvation saved scripture seek seems selfish sense sentiment sermon sinful sinners soul speak Spirit suppose thing thou thought tion true truth understand universal unto whole wicked witness
89. oldal - For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might show my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.
83. oldal - What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded 8 (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear;) unto 'this day.
182. oldal - Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.
79. oldal - Who hath saved us, and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began...
153. oldal - Then will I visit their transgression with the rod, and their iniquity with stripes. Nevertheless my loving-kindness will I not utterly take from him, nor suffer my faithfulness to fail.
26. oldal - And I heard the angel of the waters say, Thou art righteous, O Lord, which art, and wast, and shalt be, because thou hast judged thus. 6 For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets, and thou hast given them blood to drink; for they are worthy. 7 And I heard another out of the altar say, Even so, Lord God Almighty, true and righteous are thy judgments.
54. oldal - And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required; and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.
156. oldal - They went out from us, but they were not of us ; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us : but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.
142. oldal - Once have I sworn by my holiness that I will not lie unto David. His seed shall endure for ever, and his throne as the sun before me. It shall be established for ever as the moon, and as a faithful witness in heaven.
163. oldal - Wherein God, willing more abundantly to show unto the heirs of promise the immutability of his counsel, confirmed it by an oath : that by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us...