A Dissertation on the Prophecies, that Have Been Fulfilled, are Now Fulfilling, Or Will Hereafter be Fulfilled: Relative to the Great Period of 1260 Years; the Papal and Mohammedan Apostacies: the Tyrannical Reign of Antichrist, Or the Infidel Power; and the Restoration of the Jews. To which is Added, an Appendix, 1. kötet
Andrews and Cummings, Greenough and Stebbins, printers, 1808 - 583 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
abomination of desolation angel Antichrist Antiochus Epiphanes Apocalypse Apostacy atheism behold Bishop Bishop of Rome character Christ Christian chronological Church commencement consequently daily sacrifice Daniel and St declared denote described desire of women dominion earth East emperors Exarchate of Ravenna expiration fourth beast France Greek half hand he-goat head heast heaven Hence Heruli Hist holy idolatry infidel king interpretation Italy Jerusalem Jews John Kett kingdom last days latter likewise literal little horn Lord Macedonian magnify Mahuzzim mean Mede Mohammed Mohammedan Mohammedism nations Newton Newton's Dissert numbers observed Ostrogoths pagan Papacy papal horn period of 1260 persecution Phocas Pope Popery predicted proph prophecy prophet reign religion restoration Roman beast Roman empire Rome saints sanctuary Saracens seventh shew Sir Isaac spiritual supposes symbol temple temporal termination things third three horns tion trumpet Turks tyranny unto vision whole woe-trumpets wonders words worship
257. oldal - And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people : and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.
83. oldal - And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk: Neither repented they of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts.
37. oldal - After this I saw in the night visions, and behold, a fourth beast, dreadful, and terrible, and strong exceedingly, and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it; and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it, and it had ten horns.
55. oldal - And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell ; and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath.
70. oldal - And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
40. oldal - Then I lifted up mine eyes, and saw, and, behold, there stood before the river a ram which had two horns: and the two horns were high; but one was higher than the other, and the higher came up last.
29. oldal - For the mystery of iniquity doth already work : only he, who now letteth, will let, until he be taken out of the way. And then shall that wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming...
80. oldal - Little children, it is the last time ; and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.