A Dissertation on the Prophecies, that Have Been Fulfilled, are Now Fulfilling, Or Will Hereafter be Fulfilled: Relative to the Great Period of 1260 Years; the Papal and Mohammedan Apostacies: the Tyrannical Reign of Antichrist, Or the Infidel Power; and the Restoration of the Jews. To which is Added, an Appendix, 1. kötet
Andrews and Cummings, Greenough and Stebbins, printers, 1808 - 583 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
A Dissertation on Prophecies, That Have Been Fulfilled, Are Now Fulfilling ...
George Stanley Faber
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2019
abomination according already angel Antichrist Apostacy appears authority beast begin Bishop born character Christ Christian Church commencement completely consequently considered continue Daniel described desire desolation destroyed divided earth East emperors equally existence expression fall former four fourth France given half hand he-goat head Hence Hist holy infidel interpretation Italy Jews John king kingdom language latter likewise literal little horn Lord manner mean Mede mentioned Mohammed Mohammedism natural never Newton North numbers objection observed once opinion original Papacy papal passage period persecution Persian Pope predicted present prophecy prophet reason reign relates religion represented respecting restoration rise Roman empire Rome saints sense shew speak spiritual stand supposes symbol temporal termination things third tion trumpet universal vial vision West Western whole wonders
257. oldal - And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people : and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.
83. oldal - And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk: Neither repented they of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts.
37. oldal - After this I saw in the night visions, and behold, a fourth beast, dreadful, and terrible, and strong exceedingly, and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it; and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it, and it had ten horns.
55. oldal - And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell ; and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath.
70. oldal - And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
40. oldal - Then I lifted up mine eyes, and saw, and, behold, there stood before the river a ram which had two horns: and the two horns were high; but one was higher than the other, and the higher came up last.
29. oldal - For the mystery of iniquity doth already work : only he, who now letteth, will let, until he be taken out of the way. And then shall that wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming...
80. oldal - Little children, it is the last time ; and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.