The History of All Religions ...: Comprehending a Series of Researches Explanatory of the Opinions, Customs, and Representative Worship in the Churches, which Have Been Established from the Beginning of Time to the Commencement of the Christian Dispensation; the Accomplishment of the Prophecies of the Person of Christ; Incontrovertibly Proving by the Positive Declarations of the Prophets that He is the True Messiah ...
Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, and Brown, 1813 - 392 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Abraham agreeably ancient Apostle appears Aram Arphaxad Bacchus BAPTISTS believe Bible birth bishops blessed body Brahmans called Canaan Carpocrates Carpocratians Christ Christian churches Christian religion church of England command concerning consistent custom death Deists Deity descendants dispensation divine doctrines earth Eber Egypt Esau established eternal faith familiar spirits father followers given gods Greek church hath heathen heaven Hebrew Hebrew word Homer idolatry idols images India Isaac Ishmael Israel Jacob Japhet Jehovah Joktan Jupiter king land of Canaan lived Lord Mahometan means Melchizedek Messiah Moses mythology Nahor nations nature Noah Oboth observed offering opinions original Pagans patriarchs Peleg Persians Pope preach priest profession professors prophet received redeemer Roman sacrament sacred sacrifice Saturn says scripture sects Sephar serpent Serug Shem signify soul spirit supreme Syria Syrian temple thee things thou translated true worship unto Virgin writers ye holy
233. oldal - Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah : Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt ; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD.
91. oldal - And he said unto Abram, Know of a surety that thy seed shall be a stranger in a land that is not theirs, and shall serve them; and they shall afflict them four hundred years...
332. oldal - I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah ; not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers, in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt ; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.
279. oldal - And he took bread, and • gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body, which is given for you : This do in remembrance of me. Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new Testament in my blood, which is shed for you.
263. oldal - And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them : and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands ; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
174. oldal - Because thou sayest, I am rich and increased with goods, and have need of nothing ; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked...
119. oldal - Therefore thus saith the LORD concerning Jehoiakim the son of Josiah king of Judah ; They shall not lament for him, saying, Ah my brother ! or, Ah sister ! they shall not lament for him, saying, Ah lord ! or, Ah his glory ! He shall be buried with the burial of an ass, drawn and cast forth beyond the gates of Jerusalem.
189. oldal - I confess to Almighty God, to blessed Mary ever Virgin, to blessed Michael the Archangel, to blessed John the Baptist, to the Holy Apostles Peter and Paul, and to all the saints, and to you, father, that I have sinned exceedingly in thought, word and deed, through my fault, through my fault, through my most grievous fault.