Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according adorned afterward Alexander ancient antiquity appears arches baths beautiful body building built called capital carried celebrated columns contained covered death destroyed edifices Egypt Egyptian emperor empire entered entire erected exist fall feet figures fire five four gates give given gold Greeks hands head height hill honour horses hundred inhabitants inscriptions Italy kind king length less lived magnificent manner marble miles monuments nearly object once origin ornaments paintings palace passage passed Persians person pillars plain portico present preserved reign remains remarkable representing rest rich river rock Roman Rome round ruins says sculpture seems seen senate side situated standing statues stone stood supposed taken temple theatre thousand tion tomb took town traveller vast victory visited walls whole
42. oldal - Like the leaves of the forest when Summer is green, That host with their banners at sunset were seen; Like the leaves of the forest when Autumn hath blown, That host on the morrow lay withered and strown . For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed...
260. oldal - And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.
36. oldal - Let neither man nor beast, herd nor flock, taste any thing: let them not feed, nor drink water. But let man and beast be covered with sackcloth, and cry mightily unto God : yea, let them turn every one from his evil way, and from the violence that is in their hands.
256. oldal - SEE the wild waste of all-devouring years! How Rome her own sad sepulchre appears ! With nodding arches, broken temples spread, The very tombs now vanish'd like their dead!
149. oldal - And the house of Jacob shall be a fire, and the house of Joseph a flame, and the house of Esau for stubble, and they shall kindle in them, and devour them ; and there shall not be any remaining of the house of Esau ; for the Lord hath spoken it.
149. oldal - But the cormorant and the bittern shall possess it ; the owl also and the raven shall dwell in it : and he shall stretch out upon it the line of confusion, and the stones of emptiness.
356. oldal - And her merchandise and her hire shall be holiness to the LORD : it shall not be treasured nor laid up ; for her merchandise shall be for them that dwell before the LORD, to eat sufficiently, and for durable clothing.
213. oldal - There is a stern round tower of other days, Firm as a fortress, with its fence of stone, Such as an army's baffled strength delays, Standing with half its battlements alone, And with two thousand years of ivy grown, The garland of eternity, where wave The green leaves over all by time o'erthrown ; — What was this tower of strength ? within its cave What treasure lay so lock'd, so hid ? — A woman's grave.