Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according acid affections alſo ancient animals appear becomes body born brown called cauſe colour common compoſed contains continued copper covered cryſtals death died earth equal fall fame feet firſt fixed fome French GENUS give gold gravity green grey ground Hardneſs head heat houſe inhabitants iron Italy kind king Klaproth land late lead leaves leſs light lime live manner matter means melts metallic miles mind mineral mixed Moors moral moſt motion mould mountains muriatic muſt nature obſerved oxide pieces plants precipitate preſent principal produced quantity reaſon received remains river runs ſame ſeveral Shak ſhould ſmall ſome ſometimes ſpecies ſtate ſtone ſuch taken texture theſe thing thoſe tion town of France Tranſparency trees uſed variety various virtue whole yellow
111. oldal - A crime, or misdemeanor, is an act committed or omitted in violation of a public law, either forbidding or commanding it.
351. oldal - You may as well go stand upon the beach, And bid the main flood bate his usual height ; You may as well use question with the wolf, Why he hath made the ewe bleat for the lamb ; You may as well forbid the mountain pines To wag their high tops, and to make no noise, When they are fretted with the gusts of heaven...
298. oldal - OF Man's firft difobedience, and the fruit Of that forbidden tree, whofe mortal tafte Brought death into the world, and all our woe.
131. oldal - We do it wrong, being so majestical, To offer it the show of violence ; For it is, as the air, invulnerable, And our vain blows malicious mockery.
394. oldal - To make the killing either murder or manslaughter, it is requisite that the party die within a year and a day after the stroke received or the cause of death administered; in the computation of which the whole of the day on which the act was done shall be reckoned the first.
369. oldal - Sometime like apes that mow and chatter at me And after bite me, then like hedgehogs which Lie tumbling in my barefoot way and mount Their pricks at my footfall. Sometime am I All wound with adders who with cloven tongues Do hiss me into madness.
309. oldal - But, besides this general licence from the king, as lord paramount of the kingdom, it was also requisite, whenever there was a mesne or intermediate lord between the king and the alienor, to obtain his licence also (upon the same feudal principles), for the alienation of the specific land.
307. oldal - But, so long as it continues conditional, that is, between the time of lending the money and the time allotted for payment, the mortgagee is called tenant in mortgage.
394. oldal - To kill a child in its mother's womb is now no murder, but a great misprision : but if the child be born alive and dieth by reason of the potion or bruises it received in the womb, it seems by the better opinion to be murder in such as administered or gave them.