Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Adam adeò Againſt Agmina Angel bright cæli cælo death deep deinde Deus earth eſt evil eyes fair fall fight fimul find fire firſt found fruit Gaudia glory good great hæc hand happy hath haud head Heav'n Hell high hinc hominum Illa Ille inde ipſe Jamque know latè left leſs light long longè love Lumina made magis mihi more muſt neque night nunc omne Omnipotens omnis once pain Pars Pater pectore place pow'r procul quà quæ quàm Quin quis quondam quos regna round Satan Satanas ſed ſelf ſhall ſome ſoon ſtood ſub ſuch ſuper tandem terras thee their them then thence theſe they things thoſe thou though thoughts thus tibi ultro undique Uſque Virtus whoſe wide words world
211. oldal - Of Nature's womb, that in quaternion run Perpetual circle, multiform ; and mix And nourish all things ; let your ceaseless change Vary to our great Maker still new praise.
76. oldal - Beyond this flood a frozen continent Lies dark and wild, beat with perpetual storms Of whirlwind and dire hail, which on firm land Thaws not; but gathers heap, and ruin seems Of ancient pile: all else deep snow and ice...
202. oldal - Awake : The morning shines, and the fresh field Calls us ; we lose the prime, to mark how spring Our tender plants, how blows the citron grove, What drops the myrrh, and what the balmy reed, How nature paints her colours, how the bee Sits on the bloom extracting liquid sweet.
251. oldal - Unshaken, unseduced, unterrified, His loyalty he kept, his love, his zeal ; Nor number nor example with him wrought To swerve from truth, or change his constant mind, Though single.
83. oldal - Each cast at the' other, as when two black clouds, With Heaven's artillery fraught, come rattling on Over the Caspian, then stand front to front, Hovering a space, till winds the signal blow To join their dark encounter in mid air : So frown'd the mighty combatants, that Hell Grew darker at their frown...
5. oldal - A dungeon horrible, on all sides round, As one great furnace flamed; yet from those flames No light; but rather darkness visible Served only to discover sights of woe, Regions of sorrow, doleful shades, where peace And rest can never dwell, hope never comes That comes to all, but torture without end Still urges, and a fiery deluge, fed With ever-burning sulphur unconsumed.
148. oldal - Short intermission bought with double smart. This knows my Punisher ; therefore as far From granting he, as I from begging, peace. All hope excluded thus, behold...
11. oldal - And, reassembling our afflicted Powers, Consult how we may henceforth most offend Our Enemy ; our own loss how repair ; How overcome this dire calamity ; What reinforcement we may gain from hope ; If not, what resolution from despair.
300. oldal - And full of wrath bent on his enemies. At once the four spread out their starry wings, With dreadful shade contiguous, and the orbs Of his fierce chariot roll'd, as with the sound Of torrent floods, or of a numerous host. He on his impious foes right onward drove, Gloomy as night ; under his burning wheels The steadfast empyrean shook throughout, All but the throne itself of God.