Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Adam Apostles Arabic Assembly Bible Board body called century character Christ Christian committee course divine doctrine ecclesiastical edition England epistles Evangelical Evangelical Alliance evil existence fact faith Friedrich Bleek give God's Gospel Greek Hebrew Holy human idea or theory infinite inscriptions Jesus Jews Judaism Julius Cæsar labor language learned lectures Lord means ment mind ministers ministry mission missionaries moral nations nature never Nevin offices Old Testament original original sin pantheistic Papal infallibility pastors Paul philosophy preacher preaching Presbyterian Church present Princeton Review principles Professor Protestant Raffles re-union Reformation regard relation religion religious Rénan Robert Carter Roman Rome says schools Scribner Scriptures seminary sermon Shanghai dialect soul spirit teaching Testament theology things thought tion translation true truth unity universal Valdés volume whole word writings York
135. oldal - Entreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee; for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge. Thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God. Where thou diest, will I die, and there will I be buried. The Lord do so to me, and more also, if aught but death part thee and me.
644. oldal - God ; yet notwithstanding, our full persuasion and assurance of the infallible truth and divine authority thereof, is from the inward work of the Holy Spirit, bearing witness by and with the word in our hearts.
189. oldal - For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry.
223. oldal - I must work the works of Him that sent Me while it is day, for the night cometh when no man can work d ." Two doctrines, both of them distinctly Christian, throw their guardian shadows over the lesson.
303. oldal - Then I said, I will not make mention of him, nor speak any more in his name. But his word was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I was weary with forbearing, and I could not stay.
487. oldal - Galileo. — THE PRIVATE LIFE OF GALILEO. Compiled principally from his Correspondence and that of his eldest daughter, Sister Maria Celeste, Nun in the Franciscan Convent of S.
32. oldal - I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost, that I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart. For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh...
582. oldal - If any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father: and he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but for the sins of the whole world,
29. oldal - Thou hast had pity on the gourd, for the which thou hast not laboured, neither madest it grow; which came up in a night, and perished in a night: and should not I spare Nineveh, that great city, wherein are more than sixscore thousand persons that cannot discern between their right hand and their left hand; and also much cattle?