able Acts affections afflictions apostle appears become better blessed body called CHAP Christ Christian commands consider consideration creature cross crucified David death desires divine doth duty entire eternal evil example excellent expression faith Father flesh give glorious glory God's grace greatest grievous hand hard hath heart heaven holy honour humble infinitely James John kingdom less light live Lord Luke lusts Matt means mind nature needs ness never obedience observe offered outward pain patience person pleasure pray present Psal reasonable receive religion resignation rest reward saith Saviour Scripture self-resignation self-will sins sorrows soul speaks spirit strong sufferings temper thee thine things thou thoughts tion true unto viii
143. oldal - For it was not an enemy that reproached me ; Then I could have borne it : Neither was it he that hated me that did magnify himself against me ; Then I would have hid myself from him : But it was thou, a man mine equal, My guide, and mine acquaintance. We took sweet counsel together, And walked unto the house of God in company.
163. oldal - For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: that the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
123. oldal - And they came to the place which God had told him of ; and Abraham built an altar there, and laid the wood in order, and bound Isaac his son, and laid him on the altar upon the wood. And Abraham stretched forth his hand, and took the knife to slay his son. And the angel of the LORD called unto him out of heaven, and said, Abraham, Abraham: and he said, Here am I.
163. oldal - For the love of Christ constraineth us ; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead ; and that He died for all, that they who live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto Him who died for them, and rose again.
182. oldal - And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.
121. oldal - My father: and he said, here am I, my son. And he said, Behold, the fire and the wood: but where is the lamb for a burnt offering?
143. oldal - But thou, O Lord, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head.
166. oldal - Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection...
126. oldal - My foot hath held his steps, His way have I kept, and not declined. Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food.