Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
angels apostle blessed bride bridegroom called children of Israel children of men Christian church command common grace concerning conscience creatures damned day of judgment death devils divine doctrine doth dreadful duty earth Egypt enemies eternal everlasting evil excellency exercises eyes Father fire Galatia give glorious glory God's godly gospel grace guilty happiness hath hear heart heaven hell holy honour infinite Israel Jerusalem Jesus Christ Jews judge knowledge labour light live Lord manifest manner marriage mercy mind misery nature neighbour never peace persons pray prayer Prov Psal Psalm punishment reason rejoice religion respect rest rience righteousness sabbath saints salvation scripture seek sense sensible sinners sins Sodom soul speak spirit spoken strong rods suffer thee things thou threatenings tion torments true truth unto verse vessels of wrath wherein wicked wickedness word wrath wrath of God yourselves
156. oldal - That thy man-servant and thy maid-servant may rest as well as thou. And remember that thou wast a servant in the land of Egypt, and that the Lord thy God brought thee out thence, through a mighty hand, and by a stretched out arm ; therefore the Lord thy God commanded thee to keep the sabbath-day.
287. oldal - the hart panteth after the water-brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God : when shall I come and appear before God?" Psalm Ixiii. 1, 2. " O God, thou art my God ; early will I seek thee : my soul
213. oldal - Thy teachers shall not be removed into a corner any more, but thine eyes shall see thy teachers ; and thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, " This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand,
204. oldal - To her was granted, that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white ; for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints. And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage-supper of the Lamb.
83. oldal - back unto perdition ; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul." Rom. xi. 22. Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God : on them which fell, severity ; but towards thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness ; otherwise thou also shalt be cut
574. oldal - learn the same vices which they tolerate in others; for " a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump." Hence that earnest caution of the apostle, Heb. xii. 15. " Looking diligently, lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up, trouble you, and thereby many be defiled.
464. oldal - is fallen, and become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird ; that her sins had reached unto heaven, and that God had remembered her iniquity ; that God gave commandment to reward her, as
493. oldal - stood upon the sea and upon the earth, lifted up his hand to heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven and the things that therein are, and the earth and the things that therein are, and the sea and the things which are therein, That there should be lime no longer.''
544. oldal - lose his reward." Giving to our needy brethren, is in scripture called laying up treasure in heaven, in bags that wax not old; Luke xii. 33. "Sell what ye have and give alms, provide for yourselves bags that wax not old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, nor moth corrupteth.