Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
affections answer apostle appear blessed bring brought called cause Christ Christian church coming command concerning consider continue death dependence desire devils divine doctrine doth dreadful duty earth eternal evidence evil excellency exercises eyes faith fear fire fruit give given glory God's grace greater hand happiness hath hear heart heaven hell holy honour hope infinite judge judgment keep kind knowledge light live look Lord manner matter means mind misery nature neglect neighbour never objects observe obtain peace persons poor practice prayer present punishment reason rejoice religion respect rest rule sabbath saints salvation scripture seek sense sinners sins soul speak spirit stand suffer surely thee things thou thoughts threatenings true truth unto warnings wicked wrath yourselves
156. oldal - That thy man-servant and thy maid-servant may rest as well as thou. And remember that thou wast a servant in the land of Egypt, and that the Lord thy God brought thee out thence, through a mighty hand, and by a stretched out arm ; therefore the Lord thy God commanded thee to keep the sabbath-day.
287. oldal - the hart panteth after the water-brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God : when shall I come and appear before God?" Psalm Ixiii. 1, 2. " O God, thou art my God ; early will I seek thee : my soul
213. oldal - Thy teachers shall not be removed into a corner any more, but thine eyes shall see thy teachers ; and thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, " This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand,
204. oldal - To her was granted, that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white ; for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints. And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage-supper of the Lamb.
83. oldal - back unto perdition ; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul." Rom. xi. 22. Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God : on them which fell, severity ; but towards thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness ; otherwise thou also shalt be cut
574. oldal - learn the same vices which they tolerate in others; for " a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump." Hence that earnest caution of the apostle, Heb. xii. 15. " Looking diligently, lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up, trouble you, and thereby many be defiled.
464. oldal - is fallen, and become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird ; that her sins had reached unto heaven, and that God had remembered her iniquity ; that God gave commandment to reward her, as
493. oldal - stood upon the sea and upon the earth, lifted up his hand to heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven and the things that therein are, and the earth and the things that therein are, and the sea and the things which are therein, That there should be lime no longer.''
544. oldal - lose his reward." Giving to our needy brethren, is in scripture called laying up treasure in heaven, in bags that wax not old; Luke xii. 33. "Sell what ye have and give alms, provide for yourselves bags that wax not old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, nor moth corrupteth.