Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
able amongst attend become better character Christian clear clothes comfort common consider continually difficulty direct drawing duty effect evil expression fact feel follow girls give given greater habit hand hard heart human important interest keep kind knowledge labour ladies least leave less lesson live matter means merely mind moral mothers natural necessary never nurse object once ourselves pass perhaps persons poor portion possible practical prepared present question reason relief religious requires respect rest scholars secure seems sense servants sick society speak spirit suffering Sunday sure taught teachers teaching tell things thought true truth understand week whilst whole wish woman women write young
106. oldal - And so the Word had breath, and wrought With human hands the creed of creeds In loveliness of perfect deeds, More strong than all poetic thought ; Which he may read that binds the sheaf, Or builds the house, or digs the grave, And those wild eyes that watch the wave In roarings round the coral reef.
113. oldal - But he that is married caretb for the things that are of the world, how he may please his wife. 34 There is difference also between a wife and a virgin. The unmarried woman careth for the things of the Lord, that she may be holy, both in body and in spirit : but she that is married, careth for the things of the world, how she may please her husband.
121. oldal - Where falls not hail, or rain, or any snow. Nor ever wind blows loudly; but it lies Deep-meadow'd, happy, fair with orchard lawns And bowery hollows crown'd with summer sea, Where I will heal me of my grievous wound.
109. oldal - WE receive this child into the congregation of Christ's flock, * and do sign him with the sign of the cross, in token that hereafter he shall not be ashamed to confess the faith of Christ crucified, and manfully to fight under his banner, against sin, the world, and the Devil, and to continue Christ's faithful soldier and servant unto his life's end.
239. oldal - Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.
153. oldal - Sow in the morn thy seed ; At eve hold not thy hand ; To doubt and fear give thou no heed; Broad-cast it o'er the land.
113. oldal - The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things ; that they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.
273. oldal - Of Demons? fiery-hot to burst All barriers in her onward race For power. Let her know her place; She is the second, not the first. A higher hand must make her mild, If all be not in vain; and guide Her footsteps, moving side by side With wisdom, like the younger child: For she is earthly of the mind, But Wisdom heavenly of the soul.